really, what the hell is wrong with me??

kenny_boon

Reaction score
well the last 2-3 weeks of my life really have been pretty mixed up and alot of bad news from job-family. it just seems i have every bit of bad luck going!

driving home from work, the roads are hell, 5inches of snow! kinda wet and has ice underneath in places, well i must have been unlucky enough to find such a thing on a tight off camber corner, the result.....slid sideways into a kerb. wasnt going fast but enough to put a nice dent in the alloy rim

im really hoping there is no other damage to the car, still appears to drive ok but cant test it at any speed due to the weather!

so annoyed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

fate does tend to pile on the pressure from time to time, hope it's just the alloy and nothing more expensive.

me too mate, alloy has a dent in it so may/may not be able to get repaired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sorry to hear this Kenny. I took it easy on the way home today because of the snow. Just keep telling yourself it could have been a lot worse.

yeah so was i mate. must have hit a bit of ice under the snow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, was going less than 10mph

hi kenny
to try and ease your situation, my colleague slid on a greasy road this week before the snow came, hitting a railing on the roadside head on, on the cheap it still cost £450 hope its only the wheel. A good wheel refurb company can leave a dented wheel like new. regards

hi kenny your local dealers will hopefully recommend someone, I had two wheels split needed welding etc .I thought they were scrap came back 1st classmay cost £60/£70 .

Sorry to hear...I had the same thing happen to me last year and had the car checked for algnment and all was fine. I also had the wheel rechecked for balancing,

Judging by the wheel damage I'd bet your car is fine otherwise.