rear arch gap help?

chunk090883

Reaction score
1st of im new to the site so a quick hello, I have got an audi 2.0tdi sport, nothing special just 18s and twin back box at mo, have just ordered some eibach sportline springs, and trying to decide what alloys to get but the problem i have got is my car seems to be really high at the rear, the front seems to look fine, any ideas on why this is, guessing its not normal

I think a3s always sit high at the back IMO. Yours being a sport has the highest suspension set up too. Sline and s3 are lower so doesn't look as big.

Your new springs will sort your Arch gap out you will probably sit with around 15mm gap

I think a3s always sit high at the back IMO. Yours being a sport has the highest suspension set up too. Sline and s3 are lower so doesn't look as big.

Your new springs will sort your Arch gap out you will probably sit with around 15mm gap

I've got a sport but I thought that the SE sits higher than the sport?

That arch gap at the back is definitely more than the usual arch gap on a Sport.

What size wheels are they?

Maybe it's a SE version not the sport?

I think what happens is people replace broken springs with non-Audi ones and when you do this they usually come in standard ride height, ie not Sport, not S-Line. Does anyone know how much lowered Sport and S-Line should be as I have a non standard srping on the back of mine making it sit a bit higher than it should?

its a sport, i have got it booked in tomorrow to be checked, 1 garage said the springs at rear look quite new so maybe the previous owner has put the wrong ones, should hopefully get the new springs put on next week and start looking for new wheels

Beat me to it! I was going to post a thread about this as my sport sits exactly the same, I was getting worried mine was the only one. Was hoping that it was just something to do with the springs etc and not that the car had been rear ended or something like that in a previous life without being documented so it's good to know. As everybody else has said, the Eibachs will sort it out. I'm personally going for coilovers when I get some new wheels.

I've got a sport but I thought that the SE sits higher than the sport?

I'm not 100% sure tbh

But if the springs are from audi you can identify they by the colour markings I have some s3 springs they are marked as below. Maybe check someone else's with each model :)

Front
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366231513745898

Rear
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366231538581768

I have seen this loads before, including an A3 in my road that one day appeared just like yours, really high at the rear. I can only assume the wrong springs were fitted when the old ones broke etc.

I had this to fix it i got 3 friends to sid in the car so thats 4 including me and then i drove it down a38 for 3 miles turned around and came back home problem solved the spring just stiffens usually because you have jacked the car up from the rear and springs havnt compressed to normal ride height

it was the wrong springs on the back, fially had my eibach sportline springs put on today and got it sorted, looks so much better, now got the hard part of deciding what wheels to get

Last edited:
what size eibachs did you get? have you kept the standard sport shocks??

Looks much better, be interested to know what the Eibachs are - ?? as well and if anybody knows what the differences are between Standard and Sport, Standard and S-Line etc ???

Don't u like the wheels u have on now?