Rear boot opening on A6 Avant

psychopomp1

Reaction score
On an A6 Avant, does anyone know that when the boot is being opened, if it detects something in the way, will it automatically stop or not?

Reason for asking is that i usually reverse park in supermarket car parks and often there's bollards there. I've noticed that if you park too close to bollards then there's not enough room for the boot lid to fully open, so often i have to physically stop the boot opening part way through - then close boot and move forward a little. This also stops me opening the boot from inside the car in case I bang the boot against a bollard or other object. But of course if the boot has some kind of obstruction sensors fitted then I don't have to worry about this any more. For obvious reasons I can't test this out!

Thanks

Test it using your hands as an obstacle to apply resistance to the boot while it is opening.

It doesn’t close and reopens if there is something blocking it when closing

Reactions: psychopomp1
Tried the 'hand test' and unsurprisingly the boot mechanism doesn't stop. The only way to make it stop part way whilst opening is by pressing the 'close' button located on underside of boot. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part that there would be some kind of obstruction sensor built in lol