Rear Brake Torque settings - Audi A4 2009 2.0 Tdi

audiwaterpump

Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone know the torque settings for the rear brakes?
Thanks

RearBrake2009Diesel20Tdi
RearBrake2009Diesel20Tdi 2

I hesitated in giving you an answer, but now I've checked the torque for my B8 S4 and my wife's 6C Polo and in both cases the answer is 35Nm for the calliper to carrier torque.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Thanks
Does anyone know the torque settings for the caliper bracket bolts?

Apparently 100Nm + 90 degrees. Meant to replace the bolts. Going with desertstorm's response on the front (which is main braking and crazy 196Nm), I've never replaced the bolts before, or used a torque wrench. They are triple squares, so wire brush head, spray Plus Gas penetrating release, then hammer triple square bit in to fully seat it. Now you can lever it off with extension bar. I don't use power tools.

Hello
Does anyone know the torque settings for the rear brakes?
Thanks

View attachment 213619View attachment 213620
Would I be correct to assume that these rear pads don't have any sort of "low-brake-pads" warning mechanism:-
electronic or
the traditional mechanical metal strip contacting the disk?

So only way to check if the inner pad is low is to take the wheel off, and look through the gap in the caliper. If so, it doesn't seem like progress.

I don't think this age of A4 has rear pad wear stuff, my wife's 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI SEL has zip all brake wear stuff - now that really is "progress"!

Edit:- I'm sure that I've spotted that the front pads for my wife's Polo are cheaper if you buy the ones that have a wear sensor - then snip the wires off, now that is proper progress!

Last edited: