Rear dashcam cable routing in an S3 (2006)

Bonbond

Reaction score
Hi

I’m looking to install a two camera dash-cam system in my 2006 S3. The car is immaculate, it’s my pride and joy, so don’t want to:

a] have unsightly cables
b] mess to things up :)

I’ve had a poke around here, and on the web generally for some instructions/advice, can’t find anything that really helps.

Taking power from the fuse box to the front camera seems simple enough, but routing the cables from front to rear camera looks a bit more daunting.

I’m planning to go behind the head lining (from the front pillar) and to route the wires from here behind the headlining to behind the trim on the boot hinge, then following where I presume the loom is already rooted for the rear wiper etc. in order to get to mount the camera in the top middle of the rear screen.

I have a fair idea how to thread the cable under the roof lining but am not suree how to remove the upper boot trim and the trim on the hinges. Any advice on this, or a link to some advice, would be seriously appreciated.

Cheers.

This is the wrong area for this. You should be posting it in the spot for the A3 (8P). There will be a ton of people that can help. The easiest route may be to either go along the footwell inside to the back from the fuse box or just tack on to a wire in the boot. You can certainly go through the headliner as well, I just don't know how hard that is, as I've never taken off the headliner, and know that there are issues with the windows and sun shades already, so I'd avoid that if you can.

Reactions: MikeSel^