Rear Isofix Fitting Guide

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
A few people have asked about this recently, and I fitted mine today (took about 3 minutes!) so I took a few photo's to help others:

Part Numbers:

• Isofix Bar - 8EO 813 545A
  • Sleeves - 8LO 887 233 (x2)
  • Torx Bolts - WHT 001 230
£44.04 in total

These are the parts:

Isofix003.jpg

At first I thought I would need to remove the seat bench, but by lowering the seat back down it is possible to expose the bolt holes. NOTE I have an Avant with folding rear seats, a saloon will be different and folding rear seats are much less common:

Anyway by dropping the seat you can see the bolt holes as indicated:

Isofix002b.jpg

It is then possible to slide the Isofix bar between the seats and line it up with the holes in the floorpan, and then screw the bolts tight. I don't know the recommended torque, so just wound them as tight as my screwdriver would go!

Isofix004.jpg

Seat up and your done! I fitted the sleeves initially which is supposed to help aligning the seat base easier, but have taken them off as I have heard they can deform the seat, which I can quite believe.

Isofix005.jpg

Thats it, hope it is of use to someone!

Reactions: PAULF
nice job james, where did you get the parts?
didnt take you long, very speedy ( pun ) lol

Nice one QJ - just to confirm Saloon with fixed leather seats as I have can be done without removing the back seat panel - you just need patience to align the bolts, especially if you are doing both sides - it is possible but set aside at least an hour!

Any one popping the rear bench up with also need the new clip that holds it in place as it's (crazily) a one use item.

Hi guys,

I have a baby on the way and I need mod my other baby for the other babies arrival!

I have an Audi A4 2.0 TDi SLine. (55 plate)

What do I need to fit the isofix kit?

Hi guys,

I have a baby on the way and I need mod my other baby for the other babies arrival!

I have an Audi A4 2.0 TDi SLine. (55 plate)

What do I need to fit the isofix kit?

As per QuattroJames first post - all parts listed there!
Left ISOFIX bar is 8E0 813 545 A and Riight Isofix bar 8E0 813 546 A
Two bolts required per bar and two sleeves per bar.

Last edited:
As per QuattroJames first post - all parts listed there!
Left ISOFIX bar is 8E0 813 545 A and Riight Isofix bar 8E0 813 546 A
Two bolts required per bar and two sleeves per bar.

Many thanks for the swift reply. Now to find a supplier.

Any one popping the rear bench up with also need the new clip that holds it in place as it's (crazily) a one use item.

I don't know how to get the back seat forward?!?! Doh! As you say, will I need a new clip of some sort?

You do not have to take the back bench out if it is not split folding rear seats - just takes a little longer getting the bolts in.

Just go to Audi dealer - Parts section or PM pjmspeedy for parts and he can send them to you.
Read the complete thread above -all the info is there!

At first I thought I would need to remove the seat bench, but by lowering the seat back down it is possible to expose the bolt holes. NOTE I have an Avant with folding rear seats, a saloon will be different and folding rear seats are much less common:

I don't have these seats. Sorry to be a pain but what does one have to do to get to the bolt holes?

Thanks.

Reactions: Stereoflaver
I don't have these seats. Sorry to be a pain but what does one have to do to get to the bolt holes?

Thanks.

So you have fixed rear seats - leather or otherwise?
Simply look between the seat and the back rest gap and you will see the captive thread ready to take the two bolts.
There should be enough room to push the ISOFIX bar between the two seat parts and then fix with the bolt.
This is what I did and it took a little longer as access was a little restricted to the fixing points.
Take a look.

Well that appears simple enough. Thank you very much for the help.:applaus:

I think this is a great mod, just worried that they stand out a little too much! It looks like my child could fall through them holes!!!

£44 is peanuts though for a safety mod. I may have to look into it, would make fitting baby number 2's car seat a lot easier.

Great write up, I'll be using this when I have a little one!

I think this is a great mod, just worried that they stand out a little too much! It looks like my child could fall through them holes!!!,,,,,,.

If you have the 100m exhaust tips I would be more worried about them falling down there.......
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?93093-Big-Tips!

The plastic sleeve guides simply pull off so don't need to be there all the time if you don't require them in place.

Great write up, I'll be using this when I have a little one!

Thankyou.

In actual fact we didn't get an isofix car seat in the end anyway so I'm not currently using them :think:

We bought the seat below and the child is held in by the seatbelt across the bolster cushion, I'm very impressed with it and my daughter loves it as she can use the cushion as a table!

kiddyinfintiypro_black.gif

Hi,

Enquiring about a retro-fit at colchester AND chelmsford audi took some work - about four phone calls as they didnt know the info and failed to get back to me. In the end( after chasing them up) i was quoted £160 for isofix on ONE side. Does this sound a rip off to you? because it did to me, judging on what there is to do. Does anyone on this forum still supply the brackets? I have an 05 Audi A4 S-line 20T FSI. It has the threaded holes ready to fit.

cheers,

Pete

LoneRobot --- Chelmsford Audi are always good to me - parts were £81.25 inc. VAT (20/04/2009) for both rear IsoFix frames and four bolts - all part numbers listed in this thread above.
Easy enough to fit with a little patience - can help you fit them if you want - whip it around to me in Tiptree.

LoneRobot --- Chelmsford Audi are always good to me - parts were £81.25 inc. VAT (20/04/2009) for both rear IsoFix frames and four bolts - all part numbers listed in this thread above.
Easy enough to fit with a little patience - can help you fit them if you want - whip it around to me in Tiptree.

Hi Woorlord,
Wow, That's a very generous offer - I'm actually round the corner from you in Messing. I will order some parts and pm you my mobile. Cheers! Pete

Hi Woorlord,
Wow, That's a very generous offer - I'm actually round the corner from you in Messing. I will order some parts and pm you my mobile. Cheers! Pete

In the next village with the best pub for a few miles - "The Old Crown"!!
Will PM you my mobile.

bench part of rear seat pops straight up and out, it's a 10min job with a T40 (or was it T45?) torq...

Fitted ISOFIX Kit to Audi A4 2004 Saloon with fixed seats . The Isofix drivers "KIT" was purchased from main dealer Southampton Audi. Prices excluding VAT
PLATE 8EO813546A £37.87
2X PLASTIC SLEEVE 8L0887233 £0.98
2X T45 TORX SCREWS WHT001230 £1.34
Purchased a Torx TX45 3/8" Professional Star Bit Socket from Halfords for £4.95
*NOTE B&Q and Halfords do screwdrivers but only up to T40 - T45 screwdrivers can be purchased online.

Was able to do this without removing seats, just using hands to get the plate in place between the seat and back cushion. Took me 15 minutes. Many thanks for the info in this thread.

Last edited:
Must admit I am considering this as I think the mrs wants to get up the duff again so will be needing a second car seat soon and I'd prefer an isofix one.

Thanks for part numbers.

I know this is an old thread but I take it the parts are the same for the B6 and B7 chassis?

This is just what I needed, thanks for this thread!

As this thread indicates you can retrofit iSOFIX to the rear seats. All the info is in this thread for your model.

That web link you list is untrue with respect to the B6/B7. Newer Audi's like the A4/B8 would require new seats.

Wow they've gone up a bit! I think I paid just over £40 for one side.

Interestingly they're listed as just for a B6 and not a B7, I don't see why that would be.

Anybody know where these can be had for under £40?

Only want one side.

Drivers or passenger not entirely fussy.

Ta!

Dealer or TPS are probably your best bit, under £40 might be optomistic though.

I don't think they're specific to each side.