Rear pads for S3

R222cet

Reaction score
My MOT is due to run out next Saturday and I know I need new rear pads. The car is booked in for stage 1 on the Monday which pads are everyone using should I replace the disc aswell ?

If you have upgraded pads at the front, the match the pad at the back.

If you run oem pads/discs, go for pagid pads & discs.

If you have upgraded pads at the front, the match the pad at the back.

If you run oem pads/discs, go for pagid pads & discs.

Avoid Pagid like the plague. My son bought 2 sets for his TTS and I had to fit them. Both sets of front disc warped badly. Now all fine with EBC

@prt57 all personal preference, but I avoid ebc due to previous experiences.

As above discs are fine if no real lip. And being the back, they'll last a fair while; Disc change on the back can be a pain to access the bolts for the carrier if doing yourself mind

But, not had a bad experience with Pagid or EBC to add balance, think it's the same with a lot of things... sometimes you get a bad set...

Pagid discs and pads/ ECP 'spesh all around, swapped @ 60k of use, still a little left

Currently have EBC red stuff on the front w/ RS brakes, and on the back with std discs, work great.... little dust, little noise, little wear and 'grab' just as good as the ferodo's I had on previous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might find that you need 2 new calipers as they are prone to seizing - be prepared and get the problem sorted long before the MOT.