Rear parking sensor help

Vex

Reaction score
hi all, I have a little problem a few weeks ago my parking sensors failed to work, first I thought it was because of the winter and ice on them, but it wasn't, the left one sensors is dead, so I ordered a new one and replaced it, but still the car sends a error, does anybody know what's the problem? thanks

Hi, my friend Khufu has parking sensors fitted to his Audi A3, you could try asking him, he will most likely be able to help you out. He is on here most days, but if not im sure someone else will be along to help.

Have you cleaned the connections? Try doing a VCDS scan or finding someone who can if you dont have one. If not NHN or as said Khufu will be able to offer advice.

The infamous Sandra.

Yes get it on vcds scan & should advise of issues, usually its a sensor or loom come loose or corroded given location, although could be a module fault, not really major, but if its under warranty then take to dealer.

Turn the key so the car is on, put it into reverse and go around with your ear to each sensor, you'll hear a ticking (electric) noise from each sensor. If a sensor is not working properly it will sound different/not as loud as the working sensors.
You can also switch the sensor which is not sounding right with one that is to make sure that its not the wiring, if it still sounds different plugged into another working connection then its the sensor.

Also scanning with VCDS will tell you which one is not working.

I had the same problem, initially thought it was one sensor that was not working, then found out it was two. Also have a look on ebay.de for sensors if you cant find any on the UK one, also a bit cheaper.

Did you use a diagnostic lead to detect which sensor it was? Funnily mine has just packed in too. VCDS saying its right rear & I've found place from german ebay that sells them & supposidly in my colour too LOL. I might change 2 around to see if error moves incase its not the sensor but a wiring issue.

Can you test a sensor with a multimeter?

The infamous Sandra.

Yes get it on vcds scan & should advise of issues, usually its a sensor or loom come loose or corroded given location, although could be a module fault, not really major, but if its under warranty then take to dealer.

Sandra is my weekend name really LOL

Hey, I dont like the infamous Sandra remark, lol. Ew only worthy peeps get to call them selves Sandra, even at the weekend. Was just trying to help the guy out with the most knowledgable help.

I thought Sandra was only on a thursday & sarah fridays :p

Dont worry girl we arent knocking yer (yet), just playful.

Well I went to Audi's the other day and the real reason was the processro for the parking sensors, so today they replaced it with a new one, and also the parking sensor was at low frequency so they changed that to, thanks for your help :D

Anyone seen my headlight switch anywhere....................................

Is it possible to replace the sensor without removing the rear bumper? You made it sound as if it was a quick job to replace.

Thanks.

L.

Yep very easy, its clipped on from two sides. Stick your hand underneath and find the sensor, push the clips off and push the sensor out then unclip from wiring.

The two outer ones look easier to remove than the inner two though I never actually tried.

yes the outer ones you can replace without removing the bumper, but for the innr ones you have to remove the bumper and the tail lights like they did on mine because it's a cabrio...