Rear Parking Sensor Help!

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All

My Rear Parking Sensors don't work. VCDS has come up with the following codes:

01327 - Control Module for Parking Aid (J446)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 70
Mileage: 65348 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2011.06.06
Time: 14:32:47
Address 76: Park Assist
Cannot be reached

Can anybody shed some light on this? I really want to get it fixed.

Thanks

Try clearing the fault and see if it comes back.

Can't be reached would either be no power to the module (in the O/S rear quarter) or there is a problem with the can wiring.

As Ew said, its either a faulty module, connector come loose or power supply issue, as the sensors dont work, I'd say its not a can issue atm.

Reactions: shaka1976
Hi i'm new to this site but thought i'd drop a quick question. I recently bought myself an a3, the car is great best car ever had but just the last week or two whenever i put it in reverse i get a long constant screech instead of a wee short beep that it used to do. Not only that when i reverse closely to something nothing happens anymore dosent bleep or anything. any ideas. cheers

My 3.2 started doing something similar, diagnosis was one of the four sensors had given up the ghost... therefore, you may need to replace one or more sensors. If that is the case I think its a bumper off job but get it checked out first preferably by the dealer (if it was a dealer) that sold you the car :)

Reactions: mikeyboy
[h=3]Hi mikeyboy welcome to the site, try blowing around by the sensors maybe some water got in them, mine sounded like that and stopped working after my mate pressure washed it! I just kept blowing and cleaning them, and it started working again [/h][h=3]Worth a go?[/h]

Reactions: mikeyboy
Thanks hellz. Gonna take it round to a local vw & audi speciallist heard alot of good things about him, my local audi dealer are full of cow boys aparrently. ps 3.2 V6 fair play to ya what bhp has that beast got.

HI spooky1. I'll give that a go def worth a try, cos now that you mention it i have wahed the car a few times with a jet wash. Thank you for the reply cant believe how quick people are giving me advice. This site is very helpful

Tryed blowing round the sensors and wiped them over with a dry cloth and no joy still no working. I'm seriously thinking its something to do with the power wash. I think i'll leave them another week or so praying that they dry out and start working again before booking the car in. Thanks for the advice anyway really appreciate it.

you really need a scan, it will tell u what sensor has packed in. I did likewise & got sensor off of german ebay in the correct colour for half price of new one - fitted it n sorted.

Yeah think i'm gonna have to book the car in see what the crack is. Where abouts in scotland u from btw i'm from inverness.

if you think it could be a problem from water thats got in from jet washing,might be worth getting a hairdryer on the sensors before you start throwing money at it

Yeah i took it down to ma work and got a shot of an airline from our mechanics workshop & gave them all a long blast from a safe distance & a wipe down with a cloth & still no joy, still no working. So annoying they were working fine when i got the car 5-6 weeks ago & now no working at all. That long beep when putting it in reverse is driving me bonkers now.

Obviously this is an old thread now, but for anyone who stumbles across it.
The long beep when selecting reverse is the system telling you there's a fault detected.
There's an easy way to test the sensors. With the ignition on & reverse gear selected put your ear up close to the each sensor, & you should hear them clicking, if any don't click it's a dead sensor. If none of them click it'll be the wiring or control box at fault.
N.B. If the reverse lights don't work either then its the reverse light switch on the gearbox at fault.