rear parking sensors not working

euan_f

Reaction score
Noticed that tge rear parking sensors dont seem to be working. When i select reverse I get a long beep (couple seconds) then nothing. I was about 3inches off my garage door today and it didnt start beeping.

Ive got a warranty with the car but i dont want to waste claims for something cheap and easy to fix myself.

Cars a 2007 S3.

Ive checked the wee sticker i took a picture of abd i have 7X1 which is park distance control. So must be factory fitted.

Did you buy from a dealer? If so, head straight back there and get them to sort it .

Yeah bought from a dealer and warranty would easily cover the claim. Just the hassle and for sake of £30-£40 might just do myself. I did the kneeling down and listen to the bunper and look like a **** test. Its the drivers side inner thats faulty. Ill get it jacked up tomorrow abd see how much of a ballache its going to be getting at it before i decide on a garage fixing it.

My parking sensors do exactly the same thing. Had it in at my local garage and one of the sensors is working intermittently, confirmed with VCDS. bearing in mind that the sensor will need to be colour matched too, my guy quoted £190 all in. I think the sensor by itself was £90 odd.

hope this helps