Rear seat removal tips for fitting ISOFIX kit

GMAD

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first post so thanks in advance for any pointers.

Found a great thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-cabriolet-s4-forum-b6-chassis/50765-anybody-retrofitted-isofix.html that explains a lot about how to retrofit an ISOFIX kit. However, I can't even get the rear seats off!

Have done some more searching and people are saying things like;

- just give it a violent tug
- remove bolts at the back first
- remove backs of the seat followed by another couple of bolts and grommets

... but it's just not working for me.

I have a 52 A4 Avant (1.9 TDI).

Can anyone offer any tips?

Thanks
GMAD

The seat base in my Cab just comes off by hard tug at each end and the middle directly up. there is a metal lug on the seat base that goes into a hole, Then lift up the front of the seat and it just sort of pivots out. Not sure about the backrest, not done that yet but will do soon so I can fit my parking sensors :)

The "bum" bench seat is kept in at the front with disposable clips near each front corner so just give it a tug.

I was then able to fit the ISOFIX bar in place without removing the backrest - access was still limited but a bit of patience and job done.
Note: I have a fixed rear as not got spilt folding rear seats in my Saloon.

With an Avant the back seats are moveable so should be easier than a saloon for access.

Here is QuattroJames guide - with pictures - so should be easy enough.

Last edited:
I have the same car. All I did was to tilt the backrest forward and you can then see the holes. Then just screw the bar into place.it's a little tricky but persevere.

Last edited:
Cheers guys. I'll have another go when I'm back home.