Rear shock absorbers

Gordon Stewart

Reaction score
how many people have had to change there rear shocks due to wear and tear , not sure if mine are away but not great on bumps and stuff, s line with sport springs( -20mm)

replaced twice.
the OEM ones started to leak at 80k, then some cheap lowering ones went dud in a year! (please dont buy FK street, useless)
Now have installed bilstein b8 shocks and car feels a different animal. So if it is feeling crashy and nasty, and the springs are ok, might be worth a health check/replace of the shocks, have you checked them for leaks?

Had a Wee look but could be missing something , just seems to be a noisy/crashy even over small bumps/holes. Is that what yours was like when they went ??

yeah mine was knocky and feltlike tosh.
£250 for bilstein b8 sport shocks through dpm, nut if you click the parts request tab top of the page and make a post/seach old ones you will get a quick response

I've just got some koni sports (adjustable dampening) for £210 new from ebay, haven't fitted them yet though

Reactions: xpoweruk
Yup. It was the final straw for me after an cam-chain issue, engine rebuild and a pile of other 'wear and tear' issues. I had to have one of ye fronts replaced at the same time.

I sold the CSR a month later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: GaryDe