Rear spoiler for an A3

Fozzie

Reaction score
Hello people!

I own a 98 A3 1.8T and i want to get a rear tailgate spoiler, i went down to Audi and saw an S3 with a nice tailgate spoiler but when i asked about it they told it won't fit my A3 as they have a different bootlid to the A3??
Is this right?
They said they have one in the accessory catalogue but it looks rubbish compared to the S3 type.
Anyone fitted an S3 spoiler to an A3
Any help will be much appriciated.
Cheers
Ben

Well my A3 has the S3 spoiler, but it was fitted at the factory from new. Apparently you could have it fitted as an option.

I think it bolts through the top of the boot lid. So I guess the difference must be just a few holes?

You could fit one, but you'd probably have to drill into the boot lid metal, which is probably why Audi won't fit one??

Only guessing here of course.......anyone else know for sure?

Ok people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A S3 spoiler can be fitted as long as you cut the screws of! it then has 2 be glued on to the car. Most places do that.

[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
Ok people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A S3 spoiler can be fitted as long as you cut the screws of! it then has 2 be glued on to the car. Most places do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good. Probably best to used a load of silicone. We don't want it flying off at the speeds you lot drive!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The S3 spoiler is the only version I would go for as the other sports version is too small in my opinion and aftermarket ones just don't look quite as good. As stated all that's needed is to take off the studs from the S3 versions and get it glued on.

The S3 spoiler part number is 8L9 827 933A GRU , and last time I checked it was €214.28 (120 GBP +/-) and comes primed ready for painted (As denoted by the GRU letters).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif