Rear view camera Audi a3 8p

Chuppy

Reaction score
Hello. I just got my first car (Audi A3 8p 2009), been looking on internet for the info that I need, but I couldn't find anything. ( maybe i didn't know how to search ) Hope you guys can help me.
I want to install a rns-e on my car( x.x.193 G ) with PDC front+rear together with a rear view camera. I got everything I need for PDC but for rear view camera I have an aftermarket one and for it I need some kind of convertor which I can't find ( or I don't know which one ) should I buy.
Could you please let me know what do I need in order to install the reverse camera?
Thank you.

If you need any other info please let me know.

What camera / wiring did you buy? Photos?

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Please see in the picture attached what I've bought/got.

Reverse camera

To get an aftermarket camera like that installed on your RNS-e you need an video decoder that can handle the signals from the tulp connectors. The problem here is that the RNS-e has no tulp connectors and cant hande the signals. When you have a camera with tulps you are better off using a aftermarket headunit. The OEM camera is connected through LVDS cables and hooks in on the grey 32 pins connector in the RNS-e and splices inbetween the quadlock connectorcables.

Best thing is to get a OEM camera if you want to get it running on a RNS-e (including dynamic lines), Kufatec sells those decoders;

Last edited:
None of Kufatecs stuff is compatible with the 193 units, yours being a 193G

NOTE: Not suitable for Audi vehicles with RNS-E from model year 2010 (part number ... ... 193)

Take a picture of the label on the RNSe unit, and post up here, there is some information there that will tell you if the unit can support a camera or not.

More info can be found here:

Yep only option for 2nd gen RNS-E is the camera setup from the R8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

any mk2 rns-e ( 193 unit ) can have the reverse camera with auto switching provided pin C2 is RFSL and not NC

Take a picture of the label on the RNSe unit, and post up here, there is some information there that will tell you if the unit can support a camera or not.

More info can be found here:

Attachments

• 219389939_153580263536712_5484142075545993244_n.jpg
    219389939_153580263536712_5484142075545993244_n.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 136
Pin C2 is NC.
Not going to work with a camera

Pin C2 is NC.
Not going to work with a camera

So in this case it means it will work only an OEM one? Like one from kufatec? Or there is no camera that will work on this RNS-E ?

U would be better off to buy a 2ch dashcam like the blackvue 590,750, or 900 and just hard wire it to the car its not as hard as you think to run the cables to the bk camera . Just getting cable through the boot hinge bung is really only the diffcult part

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk