rear washer not working

bigbob

Reaction score
Hi all

My rear windscreen is not working. Wiper works and you can hear the motor for the water but nothing comes out.

Any ideas?

About a million threads on this! Known issue and it'll be a clogged jet nozzle, or pipe leaking/disconnected and possibly damaging your rear wiper motor. Do a search please and read the many related threads.

Get off your butt m8 and do a google search...:banghead:

Hi all

My rear windscreen is not working. Wiper works and you can hear the motor for the water but nothing comes out.

Any ideas?

Reactions: MacrosTheBlack
it will more than likely be the jet is blocked due to amount of salt being deposited on our roads. Only problem is the more times you operate it the more chance that the build up of pressure will find the next weekest link to pour out from. Rear wiper motor, connector fills boot lock with water alarm goes of at 3:00am strangely enough. Best advice dont operate the washer until you can confirm the water isn escaping anywhere else

Reactions: Adam_A3_
I had this recently and it needed a new washer jet. It cost £80 all in, including parts and labour at Audi main dealer. Very reasonable price I thought. Hope you get it fixed easily mate.

Thanks.

My car has a 3 month warranty but its a 50mile round trip.

Thought if i could do it myself it saves me the journey.

Will do a search too.

:)

Thanks.

My car has a 3 month warranty but its a 50mile round trip.

Thought if i could do it myself it saves me the journey.

Will do a search too.

:)

If the car's under warranty then I would get in touch with the dealer who sold it and get it replaced free of charge.

Have you tried poking the jets with a small pin yet? Worked for me.

Reactions: ADWalker
thanks guys!

it was the two little holes. I poked them with a pin and now theres water everywhere!!

thanks!

Reactions: ADWalker
saved me a 50 mile round trip. I rang the dealer and explained it's working for now. I also said that it if happens again i'll bring it in.