Rear washer nozzle - not blocked anymore but...

ScottyNS

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am sure I am missing something simple here. My rear washer nozzle became blocked, so I removed the plastic cap, cleared the nozzles - great stuff, but now most of the washer fluid just pours out between the entrance to the washer nozzle and the main feed spout from the car, as though it is not sealing or something?

Some fluid does get through the nozzles, so they appear to be fine.

Any ideas / help please?

Try the nozzles again it’s amazing how much havoc some build up can cause. Take the nozzle off put it in a mug with fairy liquid and boiling water, leave it soak then use a pin to clear the holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ScottyNS
Thank you, will give that a go. Oddly, nothing leaked at all when they were totally blocked. Damn things! Right, kettle on!

Audi nails most things but rear wiper systems they can’t do! Why they insist on building the washer jet into the arm is beyond me they never cover the window properly where as another VAG built car like a passat etc has the jet in the upper brake light/spoiler and works a treat

Reactions: TheStigOnline
Audi nails most things but rear wiper systems they can’t do! Why they insist on building the washer jet into the arm is beyond me they never cover the window properly where as another VAG built car like a passat etc has the jet in the upper brake light/spoiler and works a treat

Agreed, they're a right PITA to adjust, mine still aren't right even after spending half a washer bottle trying to adjust them. Keep it simple Audi!!!

That and the reverse veiew camera, hide it in the badge so it doesn't get dirty.

Reactions: TheStigOnline
Totally agree! The worst of many cars.i have had, which I never had to unblock or attempt to realign! Well, it is soaking as I type. Worst case, I'll buy a new nozzle from Audi spares. Fingers crossed!

Don't bother trying to unblock, waste of time. Buy a new one through the forums parts request - Crewe Audi sent me one for £8 inc postage.
They come pre-aligned - once you start messing around with the jets you can never get them spot on again!

Reactions: DickoB8, TheStigOnline, rjwojcik and 1 other person
Don't bother trying to unblock, waste of time. Buy a new one through the forums parts request - Crewe Audi sent me one for £8 inc postage.
They come pre-aligned - once you start messing around with the jets you can never get them spot on again!
Sounds like a great idea! I'll get my request in. Thank you!

Try the nozzles again it’s amazing how much havoc some build up can cause. Take the nozzle off put it in a mug with fairy liquid and boiling water, leave it soak then use a pin to clear the holes.

That's what i did with mine & it's been perfect.

My washer has just turned up, a little project for this weekend...

Assume it's a push fit?

Reactions: ScottyNS
Snap, mine dropped through the post today too. Yup, they're push fit - should be simple, apparently!

My washer has just turned up, a little project for this weekend...

Assume it's a push fit?
2 second job. Remove the black plastic cover that's over the washer jets, just pulls up with you fingers. Old washer jet is under that & again just pull off with your finger.

Reactions: blackwood and ScottyNS
Done, pretty easy. No tools required.

Reactions: RS3 S. and ScottyNS