Rear washers not working

gippa

Reaction score
Hi all

ive tried (with not much success) to find a specific thread to the A4 Avant rear washer jet inop issue.

ive filled the washer bottle, unblocked the jets and you can hear the pump operating and still no water.

can anyone give me an idea if its likely now to be a waterpipe connection issue and where its likely to or where its common to leak from/to?

anyone know how to remove the tailgate trim (where the warning triangle is housed) as well as im thinking it could be a pipe connection issue there, but that said i cant see any water anywhere.

thank you in advance.:cold:

How have you tried to unblock the jets as I have just had the same problem with mine, pump working fine but no water. Used a very fine needle in both jets and it now works OK. Wouldn't have thought both jets would block but they have.
Drop me a PM with an E-mail address and I will send you the process as detailed on ELSA WIN for removing the rear tailgate trim.
This forum is daft with the size of attachments that are allowed, you cant post a zip file bigger than 98K, which is nothing in terms of size for a document.

Karl.

Hi and thanks for the reply, well i took the jet off and both nozzles totally blocked, wouldnt clear with a pin to blew an airline through it and it cleared all the crap out and its working a treat!!!

Makes a change for my kind of luck , i was expecting a loose pipe connection and water leak but thankfully not.

Cheers:idea: