Rear window dropped/stuck open

SteveF1

Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone else had an issue with one of their windows, in particular one of the rears dropping and the electric motors refusing to raise it?

It looks like as soon as the offside window is lowered to the bottom it seems to drop out of alignment and then due to this the motors slowly raise it to half way before it drops the bottom again.

I can only close it if I pull the window across with my hands as it's rising. Surely the regulator hasnt gone on a 3 month old car has it?

Last edited:
Has anyone else had an issue with one of their windows, in particular one of the rears dropping and the electric motors refusing to raise it?

It looks like as soon as the offside window is lowered to the bottom it seems to drop out of alignment and then due to this the motors slowly raise it to half way before it drops the bottom again.

I can only close it if I pull the window across with my hands as it's rising. Surely the regulator hasnt gone on a 3 month old car has it?

my 8v did exactly the same thing and the regulator was replaced under warranty. Mine was around 2 years old when this happened and it was a window I rarely used as well.