Rear window washer not working (water scoosher)

cshy

Reaction score
Hello,

My rear washer does not squirt any water although the wiper works.

Where is the tube routed and is it hard to get at and repair? The passenger footwell doesn't seem to be wet but I've yet to peel back the carpet due to fear of damaging something!

Could it be something else?

Thanks folks

Possible a blocked jet.
Had the issue with one of the lads car in work.

Stripped the boot down, removed the pipe from the motor and tested.
Water came out.
So striped the jet out of the motor and cleaned it through.

Worked fine now.

I would deffo take the pipe off the back of the jet and make sure water is coming out before stripping the interior out.

Possible a blocked jet.
I would deffo take the pipe off the back of the jet and make sure water is coming out before stripping the interior out.

How would I do this? Not sure what you mean...from the inside?

How would I do this? Not sure what you mean...from the inside?

Yeah.
Open boot.
Remove trim.
Pull pipe off.
Fire rear washer jet.
If water comes out of pipe inspect washer jet.

I should have taken pics when I did it but never had time, the joys of doing it during working hours.

Yeah.
Open boot.
Remove trim.
Pull pipe off.
Fire rear washer jet.
If water comes out of pipe inspect washer jet.

I should have taken pics when I did it but never had time, the joys of doing it during working hours.

Ok, so is removing the trim complicated? Bare with me me sorry...just scared to be yanking bits off!

i had the same problem,, i just pushed a needle in the jet hole ,,and that worked fine!!

Ok, so is removing the trim complicated? Bare with me me sorry...just scared to be yanking bits off!

There is two screws and a series of clips from memory.
It does need a good yanking to get the clips away from the body.

i had the same problem,, i just pushed a needle in the jet hole ,,and that worked fine!!

It works for short term but you're potentially pushing the dirty that's blocking the hole back in to jet for it to block it again.
Remove it and clean it would be better.

I had the same problem with the blocked nozzle and no water coming out. Fix was simple on mine:

1. Remove the plastic cover at the bottom of the wiper blade (it just pulls off)
2. Pull the jet nozzle off (again just pulls off - may be stiff)
3. Test the washer - if it works then the nozzle was blocked
4. Either clean the nozzle by soaking it in vinegar and poking a bit of wire through (a kitchen tie with the plastic removed is good) or just go to an Audi dealer and get a new one for 4 quid
5. Push the jet nozzle back on (if you bought a new one it will be very stiff) and replace the plastic cover.

I had the same problem with the blocked nozzle and no water coming out. Fix was simple on mine:

1. Remove the plastic cover at the bottom of the wiper blade (it just pulls off)
2. Pull the jet nozzle off (again just pulls off - may be stiff)
3. Test the washer - if it works then the nozzle was blocked
4. Either clean the nozzle by soaking it in vinegar and poking a bit of wire through (a kitchen tie with the plastic removed is good) or just go to an Audi dealer and get a new one for 4 quid
5. Push the jet nozzle back on (if you bought a new one it will be very stiff) and replace the plastic cover.

Thats so much better than my way. lol

Rear washer jet for an A3 is hardly taxing the parts department - same fitting on all A3's

Agreed - I took my old one in with me and the guy didn't even look at it, just went straight to the rack behind him and grabbed one.

Took jet off, tried to blow through it, no joy...poked pins in the holes then blew through again...joy.

Moment of truth when I go back out into work car park to test it!

I had the same issue. Thisis how I clean the nozzle
1. Pull up the neck of plastic cover
IMG 20210529 102236

2. Take out the nozzle
IMG 20210529 102259

3. Test the water ejector by pushing the windscreen washer handle in the car.

I saw my car has a strong water stream. So there must be something in the little black thing.

4. Use hot lemon water soak and the soothen the holes with small sewing needle.
IMG 20210529 104002

Look at the dirt
IMG 20210529 104136

Good luck guys

thanks for the pictures jms – they really help join the dots between the words in this and the other rearwasher-related threads. oh, and the fix worked. yay! the only disappointment was that my debris blocking the nozzles was in tiny dust form, and not as impressive as in yr final pic
i've only just bought the car (2015 s3, almost fully loaded) and was about to dive into the admin slog of getting it fixed under a (frankly, poor) rac warranty – my local garage told me they were thinking of stopping any rac warranty work because of their administrative ineptitude. so, it's saved me that hassle too. brilliant!

separate point – do the moderators here ever consolidate 'same topic' themes? it would have saved me at least five minutes if they had!