Rebuilt gearbox with better ratios! Anybody??

ant123456

Reaction score
Has anybody on here got a S3 running 350bhp + that has rebuilt there gearbox to give better gear changes, espically 1st,2nd and 3rd?

There must be somebody out there on this forum that has done this?:jump:

We are able to offer a service to change the ratios in the gearbox for you. Is this what you mean, or dont you like the way the your gearbox changes gear?
Regards,
Mark
Backdraft Motorsport.

Backdraft Motorsport said:
We are able to offer a service to change the ratios in the gearbox for you. Is this what you mean, or dont you like the way the your gearbox changes gear?
Regards,
Mark
Backdraft Motorsport.

Both :) Run out of gears to quickly in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. 4th is onwards is almost spot on. Only thing i am worried about is introducing lag if the gears are lengthened. Need to get this sorted so any advice, prices that you offer would be great.

Hi,

Our race car is running a 1st gear half way between standard 1st and 2nd. 6th gear is half way between standard 5th and 6th. The rest of the ratios are spaced out evenly. This gives us a tall 1st gear for starts and use of all 6 gears up to around 140MPH, which is as fast as we go on the long straight at Snetterton.
I imagine that you will actually want to make 1st taller all the way up to 6th which you will want taller also.
Please let me know what you want exactly, if you will supply the gearbox in or out and any other items you need?
Regards
Mark
backdraft Motorsport

Hello mate. I've actually purchased the S3 from Ant now. Can you please give me an Approximate cost for the above? I would be interested in lengthening all the gears all the way upto 6th, as Ant has said the first three are probably too short the rest are fine but sixth is probably a little to short for motorways. Can you also provide some recommended ratios and the speeds attained in each gear for a car with this amount of power. Currently it's on full boost from 4,200 upwards and motorway cruising is probably suffering from it. Cheers.