Recall 42L1 – Rear Axle Lock Nuts May Break

psychopomp1

Reaction score
This has just popped up in MyAudi app, sounds scary!! Will speak to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

Spoke to Highland Audi and indeed there is a 'Recall 42L1' out for my A6. They will replace the rear wheel bolts as apparently they're unsafe! This only applies to 2020 and 2021 A6 models (mine is MY2020).

Do you know if this for quattro only or also for front wheel drive?

Both It’s model rather that drivetrain specific

I’ve spoken to the local dealer, it’s not a safety recall so there’s no urgency to book the car in for the fix. It’s ‘just’ a rear axle service.

I told them I’m not booking the car in then as they aren’t doing loan cars at the moment and it will take at least half a day to do.

I had this recall work completed last Friday. I’m sure the car’s ride has worsened significantly since I’ve had it back. Anyone else experienced this?

I had this recall work completed last Friday. I’m sure the car’s ride has worsened significantly since I’ve had it back. Anyone else experienced this?
Nope, not noticed any difference in ride quality. You might have an issue elsewhere (tyres?) which might just be sheer coincidence.