Recall notice affecting the A4

[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
Hi Xmas, that was who I had spoken to was Audi UK Customer services. I had sent a letter explaining my whole situation (VERY LONG STORY) and the woman called me a couple days back in response with no intention of helping waht so ever.

Will write a letter letting them know what I think...

Still dying for a 300brake A4q though *sob*

[/ QUOTE ]

Done my letter - sent it to 3 of the heads of customer service - telling them my life story from start to finish of my experience with Audi... see what their response is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still not heard back from Audi... I am getting rather irate... I think I am going to have to start sending letters to magazines and the like. I will call them soon and try speak to one of the heads of department... wasters.

Such a pity... lovely cars!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorted... finally spoke to a manager and got half my bill re-funded.

That said... I have a knocking noise from the front suspension again!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

had the cam belt etc done on my 2000 S4 over christmas by Audi in Germany

They did the inspection and replaced both arms for free......ball joints had maybe 2mm up and down play

car has 160k miles

I have mine booked in for MOT next week and although usually dont go yo Audi for MOT, thought I would kill 2 birds....... and have the arm checked as well.
They advised 30 mins for arm check (free) and as yet dont know what will happen in terms of me paying or FOC if they find a fault.
I have made a note of some of the comments on here where folks have got a free repair and will use these to try and argue the case if they want me to pay...... I'll try to remember and feedback on here how it goes.

For Info, the Audi dealer for me is Peter Gilder Audi, Archer Road in Sheffield. They are usually quite good in terms of customer service but the usual dealer prices (£90 p/h labour).

Anyone else been to these for the arm check ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
Hi Xmas, that was who I had spoken to was Audi UK Customer services. I had sent a letter explaining my whole situation (VERY LONG STORY) and the woman called me a couple days back in response with no intention of helping waht so ever.

Will write a letter letting them know what I think...

Still dying for a 300brake A4q though *sob*

[/ QUOTE ]

Done my letter - sent it to 3 of the heads of customer service - telling them my life story from start to finish of my experience with Audi... see what their response is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still not heard back from Audi... I am getting rather irate... I think I am going to have to start sending letters to magazines and the like. I will call them soon and try speak to one of the heads of department... wasters.

Such a pity... lovely cars!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorted... finally spoke to a manager and got half my bill re-funded.

That said... I have a knocking noise from the front suspension again!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My 90k service is due in 1k, so I will be booking in soon - with a list as long as my arm! See what they say about the knocking agian - I recon its anti-roll bar bushes this time. Grrrr....

Mine is going in for a cam belt change tomorrow and Portsmouth Audi are going to check the arms while they have the car, even though mine is a 2000 facelift model. They say the problem with the arms is on the "older " A4's ie 95 - 99 but will check mine anyway. I will let you know the outcome.

When I went in for my service i asked about the check and they said yes it had come up on their computer that it shold be inspected. I'm not sure that they would have told me if I hadn't asked though.

Well I had the cam belt done, and the check, and everything is fine. Good news at last!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

i have a very late 99 A4 but it is 2000 spec. Would that come under it do you think?

Think i will deffo give them a ring then tomorrow to check and see what they say as mine is a w 2000

deano16v..... get it checked anyway. What have you got to lose? Only potentially one of your wheels, is it really worth it for a FREE 30 minute check?

The way I understand it is any of the ones wtihout the clear single piece lights are affected - IE: pre-99.5

ZeroK66

Thats not correct, mine's a facelift model with one piece lights and still needed the work doing.

Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ok Chaps and chapasses (Laurra !) - well I've just had the check done and apparently they are fine however, I had my MOT done at the same time and it failed with faulty "curved arms" and split CV Boot.
I'm no mechanic so I was wondering if they are using tech speak and the arms / boots are faulty and they are charging me for them as I guess they wouldn't admit they are faulty and can be done FOC.

Thoughts (Rough prices - curved arm £80 each, Boot £120 - this is steep I know, so I guess theres something more than just changing outer CV boot)