Recaro RS4/Golf Mk5 R32 Highback seats into a 8P sportback

paultaylor

Reaction score
Hi,

First post since I sold my S3 in 2005!

I have an R32 with the RS4 like highback seats which are the making of the car and as I love them so much I am trying to source some regular manual sports seats from a Mk5 Golf GTi to replace them and then I will be able to hopefully fit them a 8P sportback DSG diesel I have my eye on.

The car I have in mind is a 2007 Sportback DSG diesel

2007 AUDI A3 2.0 TDI 170 S LINE 5DR S TRONIC - IMMACULATE

My question is would the golf's highback Recaro seats fit into the 5-door 8P sportback?

Would the fact that they are from a 3-door make any difference?

As they don't have any airbags will that cause problems if the existing seats do?

They are heated so I have already looked at the needed wiring looms and new climate control unit in order to get them working so I'm hoping that part will be straight forward.

many thanks

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2794569/IMG_1382.PNG

Yes they will fit a sportback fella. N8 on here got an a3 sb with rs4 bucket seats all wired up aswell.
May be worth sending him a pm

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll send him a PM

cheers

your R32 seats should be a straight swap. N8's are actually from an RS4 so i don't think he'll need to help you.

the fact they're for a 3dr makes no difference at all. the rear bench might be a straight swap too you know, but i'm not 100%

only other thing i can suggest is look on eBay for ppl breaking GTIs. there's one ad on eBay for an Ed30 being broken, and their seats are gorgeous. why GTI tho?

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R32 GTI MK5 LEATHER INTERIOR SEATS | eBay UK

Last edited: