Recommend an auto box refurb company

leegsi

Reaction score
Can someone recommend an auto box refurb company.

Seen a few on ebay at around the £1k mark for a refurb.

Car struggles to reverse IE on tickover it will move but give it any revs and the revs rise but the car doesnt go any faster (Like a slipping clutch on a manual), After about 10 minutes of driving the display that tells you what gear your in flashes and it grabs when coming to a stop or pulling away and also has the following codes:

How do I know what box I have? I dont have flappy padles but can move the selector left and select up and down manually.

Give these guys a look
They done my gearbox in my b6 last year, they were awesome, all sorted same day!!
My gearbox was juddering really bad, could hardly pull away in it! They refurbed the whole box for just over a grand
http://www.inde-tech.co.uk

That site throws up a Trojan house warning on my laptop?

Really?
Its opening up on my phone and laptop no problem
Try going on Google and searching for them and going onto their site that way?
Or give them a call on tel:01908648740
They know their stuff

Ollie

Ok so your car is more than likely
Fitted with the multitronic gearbox! If it was Quattro it would be fitted with tiptronic, the multitronics are a pain in the rear, I am on my second rebuild, the first they fitted new clutch pack but did not upgrade software to show the new 7 clutch pack, so the gearbox just got ruined, went to inde tech and they done it properly, and it's been great since (touch wood) I have done just over 40000 since it was done last year and it's been fine! Yours will probably need new clutch pack or ecu!! Give them a call and they can go through it all over the phone!!

Ollie

Ok so your car is more than likely
Fitted with the multitronic gearbox! If it was Quattro it would be fitted with tiptronic, the multitronics are a pain in the rear, I am on my second rebuild, the first they fitted new clutch pack but did not upgrade software to show the new 7 clutch pack, so the gearbox just got ruined, went to inde tech and they done it properly, and it's been great since (touch wood) I have done just over 40000 since it was done last year and it's been fine! Yours will probably need new clutch pack or ecu!! Give them a call and they can go through it all over the phone!!

Ollie

If you've done 40k then you better get your oil changed!! (unless you already have?)

Good shout on indi tech, mine will be going up there for a gearbox oil change soon, mines only done 20k since the last one but I'm not risking anything with this box.

It's had one change since refurb, but booking it in for another change! Like you I am not taking the risk, these boxes are too temperamental!!!

Yeah can't recommend inde tech enough, great service and they really know their stuff

It's had one change since refurb, but booking it in for another change! Like you I am not taking the risk, these boxes are too temperamental!!!

Yeah can't recommend inde tech enough, great service and they really know their stuff

You're lucky you are way closer to them than I am.

If you go down the repair route the only person I would use for auto boxes is john layton. He works from a small unit on peartree farm in WGC. Sorry i dont have a number for him but he can be found on google!

Have you changed the fluid? If you haven't try doing that before going any further.

Previous owner had the fluid changed but made no difference