Regular Meet

NFox

S3 Black Edition
Reaction score
Is there any regular meets going on in and around Somerset between the SW members at all?

I tend to pop down to the haynes breakfast meet the first Sunday of the month when I can and have been meaning to go to the Queens Square meet for a while.

This area just seems a little quiet so wondering if its happening but off the forum?

I know SW dubbers (check out their page on Facebook) have regular meets around the area, but every meet i have tried to set up on here has failed due to lack of interest unfortunately. The SW section is massively spread out which probably doesn't help

Up for trying again, we can gaurantee at least two people show so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, Know this is an old post and its winter, but i am also up for helping kick start the south west. I have done a couple of meets from this forum. Weston seems like a good place as its somewhere fair for most, but yeah count me in as another person.

I know SW dubbers (check out their page on Facebook) have regular meets around the area, but every meet i have tried to set up on here has failed due to lack of interest unfortunately. The SW section is massively spread out which probably doesn't help
If you give me a few dealerships in your area I will see what I can do:)

If you give me a few dealerships in your area I will see what I can do:)

I drew a map up last year of everyone registered on the SW section and exeter was the most central point (think i still have the map on my computer at home actually)
http://www.marshall.co.uk/audi/contact-us/marshall-audi-of-exeter/

Taunton is a bit further up but probably not too far 2 and a half to 3 hours from the depths of cornwall
http://www.marshall.co.uk/audi/contact-us/marshall-audi-of-taunton/

I use the Plymouth Audi personally, dealt with them a few times but probably a bit far for the guys a bit further up in the mainland.
http://www.marshall.co.uk/audi/contact-us/marshall-audi-of-plymouth/

I drew a map up last year of everyone registered on the SW section and exeter was the most central point (think i still have the map on my computer at home actually)
http://www.marshall.co.uk/audi/contact-us/marshall-audi-of-exeter/

Taunton is a bit further up but probably not too far 2 and a half to 3 hours from the depths of cornwall
http://www.marshall.co.uk/audi/contact-us/marshall-audi-of-taunton/

I use the Plymouth Audi personally, dealt with them a few times but probably a bit far for the guys a bit further up in the mainland.
http://www.marshall.co.uk/audi/contact-us/marshall-audi-of-plymouth/
I will have a phone around and see what I can come up with. :) x

Exeter is a bit far out for me for a 'local' meet being Bristol/Bath way!

Exeter is a bit far out for me for a 'local' meet being Bristol/Bath way!

Thats one of the issues we have with this section being quite spread out, bristol/bath is far out for me, 120 miles each way.

Even further for the guys down in Cornwall, can be almost 200 miles each way for some of those guys.

That's why i picked exeter for one of the best places, on the map i made using the member list at the top of the forum i think the centre point for the displacement of all the members was somewhere between Exeter and Tiverton

It's such a shame car forums seem to be so dead these days, this used to be the contact method of choice and I think there was so much more going on club wise back in the day. Since people moved to facebook I think a lot of the personal touch behind the get togethers etc has been lost.

I love be up for a meet in Exeter, if it meant we could try and get more people involved. But there isnt really anything else we can do, as you guys have said South West is a large area with us all spread out

I love be up for a meet in Exeter, if it meant we could try and get more people involved. But there isnt really anything else we can do, as you guys have said South West is a large area with us all spread out

I'm going to try and arrange something for the end of march, nothing special, just a meet in exeter services (just off the m5), see how many people i can get interested.

Reactions: Dan-1981 and Jonse
I'm going to try and arrange something for the end of march, nothing special, just a meet in exeter services (just off the m5), see how many people i can get interested.

Sounds good @Lavis89 as long as I am around I am definitely interested in this

Reactions: Dan-1981
Did you have any luck with this? I’d be up for meets. Im in Bristol but willing to travel if there’s going to be a good turn out.

Goin to head down to the Queen Square breakfast meet a few times this year. Would be good to get a few ASN memebers down there

Did you have any luck with this? I’d be up for meets. Im in Bristol but willing to travel if there’s going to be a good turn out.

Goin to head down to the Queen Square breakfast meet a few times this year. Would be good to get a few ASN memebers down there
I was going to try a go to the queen square meet some time this year but it falls mainly on the weekends i work. I will give you a shout on here if i can make it.

If people are up for a meet and doing a few car shows with a stand then could get this organised for the summer. Is there a regional coordinator in place? If so who is it? If not then can we get one? Itll be good advertisement for the club too.
Also club stickers? Are these available?

Sent from my LG-M160 using Tapatalk

Anyone going to the Bristol Queen Square breakfast club Arc rolling road day tomorrow? I might pop up to see what's going on

Bristol Queen Square breakfast club are meeting at Ashton court this weekend anyone going?

So the Bristol Queen Square meet is meeting and another new location. It is going to have loads of space it's going to be at Hengrove Park runway in Bristol. If anyone is interested usually have a nice mix of cars + nice and early so it doesn't eat up your whole day it's on the 10/06/18. Anyone interested @Dan_Avant @MalcB - just wanna see your's Malc still not seen it in the local area yet lol

Reactions: A12RNX
I went to the Ashton Court on the weekend had a lovely range of cars and the weather made it an amazing day. Gutted I won’t be attending the next due to being away but always a good day very friendly people.

Reactions: Hp_S3
I was there but parked up the top because I got there late and it was supper busy down at the bottom car park. But yes love the mix of cars and the weather was great.

QSBC is at the Mendip Raceway near Cheddar in February.

I did. First time at the Breakfast Club, even though I've known the organiser for years. It were right cold on that there riverside! A few trips to a well known coffee emporium were necessary.

It certainly was chilly, a lovely variation of cars though. Depending how tired I am when I get back from holiday I will probably be at the mendip raceway.

Reactions: simonali
Hopefully see you there. Where's the holiday?

Thailand for a little break away. What car do you have I will keep an eye out for you

Picking up an RS Q3 on Monday all being well. Might even be on show if I have a word with Dan!

:D

Lovely, fingers crossed for you and hope to see you and your new machine at mendip raceway.

Lovely, fingers crossed for you and hope to see you and your new machine at mendip raceway.

Still going? Think I may play it by ear with the weather like it is. It were bleedin' cold in Brizzul but it wasn't raining!

Still going? Think I may play it by ear with the weather like it is. It were bleedin' cold in Brizzul but it wasn't raining!

I’m going to play by ear also weather looks to be very British.

Bit wet, absolutely freezing! Pretty good turnout but some only stayed a few minutes. The grey Lambo was there and a couple of McLarens despite the fact that the place is basically at the end of a rutted, potholed farm track.

Bit wet, absolutely freezing! Pretty good turnout but some only stayed a few minutes. The grey Lambo was there and a couple of McLarens despite the fact that the place is basically at the end of a rutted, potholed farm track.

I woke up a little later than planned so didn’t bother then I had a better offer in the pub watching the rugby.