Relentless downpipe and cat fitting question??

Bigandbald

Reaction score
i am going to attempt to fit the above kit to my S3 on thursday and just wanted to get an opinion of what my shopping list should contain before then.

the downpipe and sportscat are second hand from fleabay. presumably i would need a new gasket that goes between the turbo and the downpipe, bots between the downpipe and cat along with the bolts.

any reccommendations on where i should get them from, sizes etc????

get the gaskets from TPS, and imho the only way to fit this is.........

undo the 13mm bolt for steering column to rack
undo the dogbone from the gearbox
undo the 4 21mm subframe bolts and drop the subframe

that way you will have plenty of clearance to get the relentless DP fitted

Hi phill, thanks for the info.
Will a standard turbo to downpipe gasket fit, and what size gasket between dp and cat?? What size bolts??

and what is tps???

get the gaskets from TPS, and imho the only way to fit this is.........

undo the 13mm bolt for steering column to rack
undo the dogbone from the gearbox
undo the 4 21mm subframe bolts and drop the subframe

that way you will have plenty of clearance to get the relentless DP fitted

Hi @phil miller

Do you remove the bolts completely or can you get away with just winding them out?

Does your method require a 4 wheel alignment after fitting?

Many thanks.

Hi @phil miller

Do you remove the bolts completely or can you get away with just winding them out?

Does your method require a 4 wheel alignment after fitting?

Many thanks.
i just wound them out. Either way requires alignment as it may throw your thrust angle off, there is front - back, side - side movement with the subframe

Reactions: vanilla_ice
scratch around the subframe before you drop it and you can get it back pretty close if your a cowboy like me lol... i done mine hanging on the nuts and that ******* oem downpie needs to be cut out in about 5 pieces, then getting the downpipe back in is verging on impossible, yhink i done a full write up if you want a search... allow all day and many cuts and swearing, and plenty of metal blades for your grinder.... i used the relentless gasket and a tube of gum gum as mine was a shte seal. get some short exhaust hangers because they hang real low, if your lowered like me its annoying, ive even wrapped a mikalor clip around the exhaust rubber to pull it up more.

hmm guessing this is late as your doing it today then, how you get/getting on?