remap problems or not

tdimax1

Reaction score
i have a n audi a3 tdi 140 and thinking of a bluefin remap i keep on reading about all sorts of problems caused by a remap, are they true does anyone have first hand experience, should i go for the remap or not, will it harm my engine?

I've never had problems with bluefin and would reccomend it. One thing I would mention is that the reason I went for bluefin is becasue you can remove/load the map whenever you want to. In truth I only ever removed it the day I sold it, so if you can get a good map thats cheaper because you don't have the device to load the software, then i'd consider it.

Nope, I did sometimes with my previous car but never with the GOlf, even when it went for warranty work.

N8KOW said:
Fair enough, to be honest, I doubt everytime I car comes in for warranty the technicians think *this one must be remaped*

re-maps done properly should reset the flash counter on the ecu so that it looks untouched.

A mate of mine bought a SEAT Leon that had a cheap re-map. He didn't even know. He did complain about rubbish fuel economy. Guy from upsolute noticed straight away as ECU hadn't been left in a 'safe' mode.

He also commented about the settings for feulling and turbo that had been tweaked were not done in a way to compliment others. So using a reputable firm is the best option in my opinion.

unless a garge was to drive a re-mapped car and std back to back in exactly the same way i doubt they'd notice.

TBH technicians shouldn't be driving cars hard unless asked too.

our A3 is going in today to get airbag light fault checked. We shall see what they find