Remap............

paddy

Reaction score
Looking at remaps and its not straight forward it seems. My insurance will only cover a stage 1 if installed by Audi.....who want £2000 !! (+another £100 on the premium)
Revo/Shark etc will do it for £560 but my insurance will not cover them.
Is anyone here insured with Audi and with a stg 1 on a S3 ??

update

Admiral wanted a renewal premium of £650 on my 3.2 worth £5k 3 months ago.
They now quote £450 on a re-maped S3 worth £30k

This just goes to show how these numbers are plucked out of the sky !!!!

Good stuff - You going Revo then Paddy? Will it have any impact on your warranty?

stupid situation because the warranty only applies if i go for the £2000 audi remap but at that price i can afford to go revo and have a turbo explode and still be in pocket..
I am going to have to have a think about it. Right now i am so ****** of with the seat in my car i may not even keep it for much longer.

Its got Audi exclusive leather seats and Audi put a join in the seat pad right where you sit..its like sitting on a pencil across the seat pad..The radio ****** me off its """" loud when you are going along but when you stop it goes so quiet i cant hear it. I dont want to lose control of the radio in "MY" car to some Audi stupid ideas dept ..
Audi charged me £300 for life shine thing and i find they forgot to put the life shine pack in the car when i picked it up...so did they even bother to do the life shine ?? Been waiting 3 weeks now for a cover note from Audi insurance despite ringing 3 times. Now they want £2000 for a remap and will not insure or honour the Warranty unless i pay up and stick with them.

Its just a bad week mate...I will be fine tomorrow :whistle2::lmfao:

Lol sounds like you need to post in rants and raves !

How long is your warranty for?

i cant solve the crack in your *** problem but there is a way to disable the stereo volume issue and the life shine gets a sticker in your window if you have it, if not i would not fret as its pretty poor and better off getting it done yourself with some of the clay you can buy.

will be a thread on the stereo on here.

You cant disable the stereo volume with BOSE fitted.....thats why its so stupid. without BOSE you just switch Gala off.

I got the same problem

Does my f****** head in!

Why put a volume nob in there if you don't have control of thd volume!

Hey sock.....Why when i write BOSE in the post above does it become a hyperlink to ebay....lol

No doubt it is trying to direct everyone to what it wants to do rather than you!

Sound familiar? Lol

I didn't know that Audi did a remap at all for any of its range - let alone an S3, at a cost of £2k?

cheers akash, about as far away from Surrey as you could be but almost worth the trip at a £1k saving. got to be someone nearer home !!

Never had a problem with the volume settings on my bose system. Gala works fine.

paddy, with stuff like Evolve & Shark, you can remove the map with their switch box should you need a warranty claim... a bit cheeky i know but still

Reactions: RedDejavu
Who you insured with jungley ?

with admiral. price isnt too bad, although all the mods are covered if i wrote the car off think im only covered for £500 worth on non standard mods, but didnt want to loose half a years NCB (as the big changes have only be done in the last few months) by changing mid way, so come renewal time ill need to find someone that will replace like for like considering i now have a couple thousand worth of non standard parts now fitted

thanks Jungley, Admiral have given me the best price so far but when i smashed the 3.2 i was with them and they used pattern parts and a really crap repair agent to fix the car so be warned....you would be lucky to get like for like on car repairs even if you got it on accessories..
This is the reason i went for Audi insurance this time because they use genuine parts etc but i guess i will have to keep looking if i want to tune this thing :)

ill check with a mate thats got a very heavily tuned ED30 as i think hes covered like for like, or at least much higher then a value of £500, he had a prang and was very happy with the work carried out

The radio ****** me off its """" loud when you are going along but when you stop it goes so quiet i cant hear it.

Annoys the hell out of me too. I took mine back, armed with an Audi technical bulletin from an older A4 model which detailed a very similar issue. The tech took me out and agreed it was getting louder and quieter but the garage basically told me it was a "feature" and I would have to pay to get BOSE autopilot disabled (involves a wiring change). I am still fuming and will be writing a complaint letter to Audi in the near future...

Let us know how you get on cheesy.

I had a bit of correspondence with Oliver at Bath...ABT is now £2000. The trouble is once you start talking those sort of figures you are buying a very expensive guarantee rather than a remap..

Last edited:
I use a company called A-plan for insurance and they are the cheapest for me and cover mods like for like

paddy, with stuff like Evolve & Shark, you can remove the map with their switch box should you need a warranty claim... a bit cheeky i know but still

cars after late 2009 will be hard to swich over via OBD as the ECU's where locked out due to tuning, so they can only be removed and added directly to the ECU.

have you tried any other Audi dealers for this option?

cars after late 2009 will be hard to swich over via OBD as the ECU's where locked out due to tuning, so they can only be removed and added directly to the ECU.

not technically true
a lot of tuners have cracked the encryption, just have to check with the tuner your interested in