Remap

jordanlouiss

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my Audi A3 2.0l tdi 140bhp mapped and I've been told by a few people if I get it mapped to 180bhp it will put the turbo under too much pressure and could cause it to blow. Is this true and is it worth getting a map? Thanks

No , I've a 1.9 130 to 180 .

The old skool 1.9s are pretty much indestructable when it comes to the engine and turbo, they can take quite a lot of abuse! The 2.0 units are a bit more suspect, the turbo's are made of chocolate, especially once they hit 60k miles+, and of course there are some balancer shaft problems on certain range of VAG 2.0 TDI engines.

The old skool 1.9s are pretty much indestructable when it comes to the engine and turbo, they can take quite a lot of abuse! The 2.0 units are a bit more suspect, the turbo's are made of chocolate, especially once they hit 60k miles+, and of course there are some balancer shaft problems on certain range of VAG 2.0 TDI engines.
mine has 102k on a 58 plate, would you recommend remapping it or not?

100K is just run in. Get a sensible map and you will really enjoy the car a lot more. Most phase 1 remaps actually don't ask for much more air from the turbo in terms of boost as from the factory they already run a lot of excess air. The main reason you get such large increases on turbo diesel engines. If you don't drive the car like it's been stolen then the actual amount of time that the engine is being asked to produce any significant extra power is very small.
If you are anywhere near Stockport, Rick at Unicorn motor developments is very good.

Reactions: Paul McGrath’s Knees
We personally tune a lot of these A3's/ Golf - Engine Code BKD, the turbos are generally quite loud/always whining so i would check this first. In general the BKD engines have loads of issues e.g turbo, injectors, cylinder heads etc.
I wouldnt let this put you off a remap though as if the vehicle is health tested and tuned correctly you should have no issues!

A BKD doesn't need a remap to go bang, as I found out...!
I doubt that a 58 plate 2.0l would would have a BKD engine anyway.
I would go ahead and map it and enjoy it more. The 140 is a nice motor once the demons are exorcised.

Hey, new to here so may be asking a few questions! From what ive read on other posts most people seem to recommend a remap!
Im buying an 08 A3 2.0 TDI 140 this week with 73k miles on, was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere to get it remapped to 170/180 in the North East? Any other advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you are anywhere near Manchester Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments in Stockport is very good. Worth a trip as he is very easy to get to.

If you are anywhere near Manchester Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments in Stockport is very good. Worth a trip as he is very easy to get to.
Im based in Newcastle so think that would be a 2 hour trip down, will see if anyone can recommend someone closer but if not will look into it! You know roughly how much it would cost? Thanks!

I'm looking to get my Audi A3 2.0l tdi 140bhp mapped and I've been told by a few people if I get it mapped to 180bhp it will put the turbo under too much pressure and could cause it to blow. Is this true and is it worth getting a map? Thanks
I have an audi a3 2.0 tdi. 2012 s line 140bhp standard had the ecu remap done and the car has turned into an animal no joke pal..... Plus alot better on fuel economy as well as the extra performance