remapping help please

steveBull

Reaction score
Hi, I have an A4 B7 55 plate 2.0 Tdi 140.

It's done 105k I've owned it for a year. It's going in for a cambelt and major service on Tuesday. It's got an immaculate service record and touch wood nothing major has gone wrong. It drives like a dream at the moment. A friend keeps going on about getting it remapped stage 1 too 177bhp.

My concerns are because it's 10 years old and done 105k will expensive things start to break?

My wife drives it mostly as I have a van for work. She drives sensibly and I only put my foot down 20-30% of the time I'm driving it.

Is it actually worth it? How much performance increase will you actually get? I was chasing my mate in a 1.4 Tsi scirocco and he easily pulled away in 2nd gear and it's a 1.4!! It was only until I got too 60 in 3rd then up to 85 in 4th when I started to gain on him again, probably just because it's a bigger Diesel engine though.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm looking to keep the car for another year or so - maybe two.

Thank you

You will be fine mate with that mileage and age, there are people on here that have had maps done at 150k + mileage.

Depends where you are located but there are a few reputable places you can go to, with your concerns in mind, I would defo go to one of the more established tuners...e.g Badger5 or R-Tech.

Thanks. I have heard that Revo, super chips and AMD are top quality? They have dealers within 10 miles of me.