Remapping!!

Andy9

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking a buying a used A4 b6 1.9 TDI with 188,000 miles on clock, with service history, problem is the car has been remapped and upon looking for insurance I seem to be struggling to find insurance companies willing to insure me even though I am 53yrs old, 13 ys ncb, no Accidents or convictions etc, best I could get was greenlight car ins £389 for year, what I want to know is it possible to revert the car back to standard map wise and is it a costly affair or straight forward ?, also should I be worried about viewing a 188,000 mile a4 1.9tdi in the first place, clutch and timing belt/water pump have been done, the car looks in very good condition, thanks for your help, cheers, andy

Ive been with greenlight for years great service

Adrian flux are worth a go for insurance on modded cars.
A remap can be easily reversed by installing a standard map. Shouldn't cost a lot to do and is a 10 minute job. On higher mileage cars the things that tend to suffer with remaps are the clutches. As that has been changed then this should be OK.
The problem is a 1.9 TDI mapped is much better to drive than a standard car, In my opinion anyway. It just drives so much better.

I got mine mapped by Paul @ unit 9, a forum sponser and good mate of mine.

He mapped mine at 201k miles and no issues at all

Reactions: Sandra
Hi,
Did you give us a try for insurance in the end? If you did how did we do?
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan, yes I'm with Adrian flux anyway, I do ask but was a little expensive to transfer vehicles for the rest of the year, unfortunately the car has been sold while I've been thinking about it!!, but to be honest the best quote was with greenlight insurance and I think if I get a remap at some point might give them a call as well as yourselves but thanks a lot for your interest, andy