Remote/Auto Tailgate lift

Alan Oliver

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone confirm if this is std across the 3(4) trim levels.
I have ordered a Carbon Black, But revisiting the Configurator I cannot see it as a choosable option. I have also seen an entry level car for sale with this feature.
I will try & get in touch with my supplying dealer in the next couple of days to advise/confirm

TIA

When I was speaking to the dealer about this he said some SLine models were coming thru with electric tailgate, yet when he checked the base / carbon RS3 didn’t have it as standard.
Bonkers at that price level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep unfortunately the carbon edition doesn’t come with auto tailgate.

I think it’s only auto open anyway, can do it yourself with some after market struts

I think it’s only auto open anyway, can do it yourself with some after market struts
No its both ways, open and close, It was also on the ''Frakenstein'' spec car that I took out on demo which looked like a base car with some extra's

Reactions: Stu-27

Was defo both ways on the LE at my son’s dealership, as I had a play with it. As you say, there will be after market struts, but I guess just to open

Reactions: Stu-27
It's ****** annoying when as others have alluded to it's a 60k plus car we are talking about. Especially went you see a "Phantom Build Car" on A/T entry level with it on. Would have been useful as I am incapacitated so opening the boot and putting stuff in whilst holding on to it is challenging.......

It's ****** annoying when as others have alluded to it's a 60k plus car we are talking about. Especially went you see a "Phantom Build Car" on A/T entry level with it on. Would have been useful as I am incapacitated so opening the boot and putting stuff in whilst holding on to it is challenging.......

I agree Alan
This to me is a basic thing and I’m sure wouldn’t have altered the price point in any significant way