Removable Remap for CDUC / V6 3.0 TDI

BenC00

Reaction score
Hi All,

I searched as much as i could on this subject before posting this so be nice :)

I'm looking to remap my 2013 A4 Quattro V6 3.0 TDI CDUC but would like it to be removable for when it goes in for servicing, i have a few questions:

1) Does the dealer know that the car has had the map changed on the car? i mean, does the ECU log each map change?

2) I am thinking about either AMD or ChippedUK, i had chipped UK on my previous car (A3 2.0 TDI 170bhp) and was fairly happy with it. Does anyone have any experience with the generic maps for this engine provided by either of these companies?

3) Do either of these companies offer discount for forum members?
I can see that ChippedUK have 15% sale until Christmas :)

ChippedUK map graph: http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/3.0TDI 245PS 500Nm.pdf

I believe any flash tool for ecu will potentially leave you open to the possibility of the dealers finding out that the car has had its software modified in some way, even when removed from the car prior to your visit to them. :blue:

Reactions: BenC00
I believe what Auds2 said is correct.

If you want a completely untraceable map then your only option is one of those "piggyback" tuning boxes that plug in, but as far as I know they are quite crude in the way they work and only adjust a few parameters so you are unlikely to see the same gains / drive ability as you would from a "proper" remap.

I guess you're concerned about voiding any warranty that remains? If it helps I've had my 3.0TDI remapped for the last 35,000 miles and It's been absolutely faultless. :)

Reactions: BenC00
The plug and play stuff has come a long way over the years. Companies like DTUK with @ABYSS who is a sponsor on here, tune these engines on a weekly, if not daily basis with great results by all accounts. Might be worth giving him a shout or indeed if he sees this im sure he will pop on and give you some good advice.

Thanks for the replies, I’ll update the thread with the final outcome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Procedure is full ecu back up before mapping (can be done without opening ECU these days)
Map it etc
If you need to revert the ECU write the full back up that was taken before the mapping.

But these tools are not for end users due to the price tag. Dealer normally identify via max torq requested.

Btw both those companies just increase duration or the iq2nm map - just a cheap way of getting power with little effort.

These engines make around 330hp / 750nm with stock hardware with DPF still in place.

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: Sherv and BenC00
Sooooo, I pulled the trigger on the Superchips Bluefin map, an early Xmas gift to myself :D, the unit arrived Friday and I installed it as per instructions. Very simple and straightforward.

As bobby states, I took a backup of the current map, downloaded the new map via software on PC, then connected to car and wrote the new map to the car.

The end result is definitely visible, it drives more petrol-like and I would as smoother than the stock map and pulls like train.

@bobby - ChippedUK claim that this map takes this engine to just just below 300bhp, since you say that 330bhp is possible on stock hardware I’m intrigued how this is possible and why they don’t offer it, could you kindly explain to a novice? :)

Happy Christmas all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi There is a difference between flash and dash type maps and those that take a good part of a day to complete.
Custom map has become a keyword and everyone seems to use it. But there is a difference between correct calibration Vs custom.

But yes they make 330hp / 750nm with dpf in place.

Cheers

Reactions: BenC00 and Sherv