Removing de wiper blank.

asasprey

Reaction score
Putting my car back to standard and first on my list is removing the wiper blank. I used the glue that was supplied which looks pretty tough to remove. If i get it off and anybody wants it, it will be up for grabs. I dont want any money for it.

Does anybody know how to get it off safely? I was thinking of putting loads of masking tape around it, heating it up and a light tap with a hammer.

Its the proper blank that i bought from germany. Thanks

Last edited:
I just dewipered the other day and bought a Halfords plastic blank, didnt fancy forking out for the proper glass one even though its looks so much nicer!

If its glued I'd try heating it and then pushing it out. Not sure I'd strike the glass to much! Failing that you'd need somehting that will disolve the glue, but not damage the glass?

Edit: A scalpel blade might work too?

Maybe ... Removing Super Glue | Super Glue Corporation

Trying to earn the right for the blank here
laugh.gif

IIRC the blank is mounted directly onto the rear glass. The easiest way will be to cut it. A stanley knife blade might do it but could be too thick to get in between the blank and glass so I'd use an old style shaving blade like these 10 x Double_Edge Razor Blades Ultra Sharp Stainless | eBay I'd also heat the area from behind prior to cutting just to make things a little bit easier. When cutting you should bea ble to feel the blade slice through the glue and then feel a bit of resistance when it touches the blank. Try and cut just the glue and hopefully it should come out complete and all you'll need to do is remove the remaining glue deposited easily.

Stars! Ash b pm'd me first so if i get it out without breaking it, it will go to him unless he gets one in the meantime.THanks