Removing Downpipe??

Toshers

Reaction score
I've started to change the downpipe and swap to the Milltek. This is a major job though! Does anyone have the official Audi workshop guide for this?

I don't want to go too far before checking that everything I think is going to have to be removed, is actually required.

Found a how-to guide on the Iroz Motorsports website. It's in the public domain so I guess I can post a link? If not please remove...Here

Also a wee video that might help...Here

I'm off to carry on. Will post results when complete, might take me all weekend!

Reactions: Keithm, jimojameso and Deep penetrator
Good luck Mark, look forward to hearing how you get on.

Reactions: Deep penetrator
I normally fit all my parts myself but the downpipe looks like a horrific job! Good luck mate. Let us know how you get on :)

...and various heat shields, dog-bone mount, air intake pipe, undercarriage etc. I foresee a few scraped knuckles and some choice language being used. All required though, as my intention is to go stage 2 when the map file becomes available.

Indeed, replacing the stock DP.

Just finished, phew!

Initial feedback is that it makes quite a difference and increases noise, not asbo loud but certainly more dB's. The note has changed dramatically and it now sounds absolutely fantastic! Defo worth doing for this alone, plus you get a few extra ponies released. On comfort it's only fractionally louder, on dynamic though, OMG! It's lush.

Changing DP's is a huge undertaking, and not one to consider for the driveway. I'm fortunate to have a 2 post lift in the garage, without it I wouldn't have stood a chance. Would also be easier with two people. The IROZ guide is excellent and contains good information. I machined a clamp to remove the driveshaft which I consider a necessity.

Next is the Forge Intercooler, but maybe not for a few weeks!

Reactions: Deep penetrator, Leo-RS, T-800 and 1 other person
Just finished, phew!

Initial feedback is that it makes quite a difference and increases noise, not asbo loud but certainly more dB's. The note has changed dramatically and it now sounds absolutely fantastic! Defo worth doing for this alone, plus you get a few extra ponies released. On comfort it's only fractionally louder, on dynamic though, OMG! It's lush.

Changing DP's is a huge undertaking, and not one to consider for the driveway. I'm fortunate to have a 2 post lift in the garage, without it I wouldn't have stood a chance. Would also be easier with two people. The IROZ guide is excellent and contains good information. I machined a clamp to remove the driveshaft which I consider a necessity.

There’s nowt like doing it yourself for a job well done.

Just finished, phew!

No mention of the rattle under part throttle that should now have appeared with having a catless DP? (Bit like the cold start rattle)

What happens come mot time or will you have sold the car on by then?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

The car will be returned to standard and probably sold by then. Maybe I'll keep it, lighten it, cage it and use it as a track toy?!? Who knows? It's all speculation for now.

In the meantime I'll enjoy it to the max :)

Also I installed downpipe decat miltek.
After installation, the rattling of the cold exhaust valves seems to me to increase.
Did you find this thing too?

Yes. It’s not the cold exhaust valves it’s higher up by the turbo. Some say it’s at the wastegate. I’ve never been able to trace it myself.

Very annoying but unfortunately there’s nothing you can do about it. Everyone with a decat will have it.

I've been for a few drives now and can confirm I can hear it also. It is annoying. I'm hoping someone can identify what it is and potentially provide a fix.

The exhaust is notably louder now in Dynamic.