Removing Downpipe..

warleydaddy

Reaction score
At work on the ramp now,and it lookjs a REET fooker to do!!!!

Which way have you guys that have changed them,found is the easiest way to go about it??

Replys asap if poss please guys..

Cheers,

Pete...

You can get the bolts undone through the wheel arch, but then you will have to either chop it or drop sub-frame to get it out - I tried every twist and turn possible to get it out another way but have failed - and that is without a head/turbo in the way. See tuffty's build thread where he discusses this if you haven't already seen it.

Undo the prob shaft from the front, move it to the left, drop the sub fame, and disconect the 4 bolts holding on to the steering rack this will give just about enough room to do the job. even if the head has not been touched. it is a right b*** to do but can be done. good luck

Cheers for the replys guys.. All done and dusted now,and the 3inch is on...

Pete...

Went for the (UTTER **** TO FIT) xs-power jobby,but mate had a 200cell cat,so that went on insted,and he had the 120...

R and D that has gone in to it is SHOCKING!!!!! Spent more time modding it to fit,than what it took stripping the ****** car down!!! Luckily we had a few spare 1.8t engines lying around,so we could use them as the bench to get it to fit.. once it was modded to fit,its gone on fine,though it is a tad short..

But i dont mind having to mod things,and save £300 over the same thing from somewhere else if you get me?? All on now,and much better.. Stage 2 map the week end,and jobs a goodun...

Pete...

Never knew chap,and il hold my hands up 110%,there doin auctions on ebay now with 99p starters,and id had a few beers,and bid on it, and won it, so was kinda tied in.. Mind you,after id done what was needed (more or less everything) to make it fit,al seems well now.. If (no offence to anyone with this comment) you dont know what your doin with cars, you will be in a WORLD of problems if you just buy 1,and try to fit it on your driveway!!

Pete..