Removing front number plate

As I think I said earlier in the thread, it seems utterly top-level stupidity to give the cops a very visible reason to pull you over when you surely know that you have no licence or insurance.

Reactions: drgav2005 and T-800
As I think I said earlier in the thread, it seems utterly top-level stupidity to give the cops a very visible reason to pull you over when you surely know that you have no licence or insurance.

Definitely a Pikey then !

Reactions: FBF01, Phil3 and T-800
Decide I wanted to try and clean up the front of the car a little, so the number plate was up for changing... don’t worry, not removing haha

I’ve done away with the surround to lose some of the bulkiness and got a plate a couple of inches less than standard (still legal, I have a private plate with 6 digits) and here’s the new results...

6603C8B8 D674 4323 85DB 0944376A8FDA

Reactions: jaysrs4 and jungle650
Fixed £100 fine around me in Leeds area.

Where abouts in Leeds are you Dan? Be good to have a little meet if you're up for it some time.

I'll be honest, I removed mine on my old R32 a couple times and was given two warnings. Caught again and I was facing a hefty fine and car impounded.

Well Wakefield not Leeds but no one usually knows where that is ahah, aye would be good where you from ?

Decide I wanted to try and clean up the front of the car a little, so the number plate was up for changing... don’t worry, not removing haha

I’ve done away with the surround to lose some of the bulkiness and got a plate a couple of inches less than standard (still legal, I have a private plate with 6 digits) and here’s the new results...

View attachment 154487
Hi Phil. How have you attached the plate? I need to lose my holder, I agree is v bulky doesn’t look right .

I
Well Wakefield not Leeds but no one usually knows where that is ahah, aye would be good where you from ?
I’m in North Leeds. I used to arrange R32 and RS meets by LUFC in the pub across the road. That’s a good spot (obviously when Leeds aren’t playing at home!).

Reactions: Rayner_1704
Hi Phil. How have you attached the plate? I need to lose my holder, I agree is v bulky doesn’t look right .

Hi mate... the holder is on there with a couple of clips and 4 screws. I cut down an old plate and drilled the 4 holes in it and attached it to the grill and them velcroed my normal plate on :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jonny B
Hi mate... the holder is on there with a couple of clips and 4 screws. I cut down an old plate and drilled the 4 holes in it and attached it to the grill and them velcroed my normal plate on :icon thumright:

That’s a good idea thanks . Will knock something similar up . Originally I’d swapped out the holder for the Audi sport one but will try now just with the plate . Less is more .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phil3