Removing opf

RsNotts

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m taking my Rs3 dnwa to mrc for stage 2,

I have already fitted intake mods and intercooler. I want to fit the de cat myself to save money…

my question is if I removed the opf the day before my remap will the car be drivable to get to mrc? I’m in Notts.

Thanks

I believe it will be able to. I’ve just gone through the pain of sorting out my exhaust from the previous owner.

My RS3 drove but you could tell it wasn’t 100%

Hi all,

I’m taking my Rs3 dnwa to mrc for stage 2,

I have already fitted intake mods and intercooler. I want to fit the de cat myself to save money…

my question is if I removed the opf the day before my remap will the car be drivable to get to mrc? I’m in Notts.

Thanks
Fitting the downpipe is a pig of a job, only undertake if you are experienced and have a plethora of tools. There is talk of possibly getting a hard code logged that is difficult to remove but you should be ok if it's a fairly short drive keep it out of boost if you do it.

Reactions: jimojameso and dmb
Fitting the downpipe is a pig of a job, only undertake if you are experienced and have a plethora of tools. There is talk of possibly getting a hard code logged that is difficult to remove but you should be ok if it's a fairly short drive keep it out of boost if you do it.
Thanks for the reply’s guys

If you do the downpipe yourself be very careful as there is a special procedure to take the prop out. There is quite a few garages who have even got this wrong and ended up charging people for a brand new one.

defo don't do it yourself its a 2 hour job for a experienced mechanic i would recommend KLR autoworks in Milton Keyes