Removing rear of centre console

cemerson

Reaction score
Reactions: Rob2k68
That's pretty cool! Look forward to seeing this project but sorry I can't offer any removal instructions for that part

The part in front though (which may help you get at the bit you need to run cables etc.) that goes around the gearstick/includes the cupholders etc....

If you insert a flat trim removal tool (less than an inch wide) into the gap down the 'sides' in line roughly with the MMI buttons then lift UP quite sharply with the trim tool and lifting the trim itself.. this piece is easily removable (be wary of two or three plugs/cables that are connected although they have a decent travel on them)

If you already have a cig lighter then why not just use the existing hole and wires and fit something like this? this example isn't the nicest design but just for reference.... Personally i dont think the design of the example you showed would complement the car well. Looks really like an aftermarket bodge job.

Amazon product

If you already have a cig lighter then why not just use the existing hole and wires and fit something like this? this example isn't the nicest design but just for reference.... Personally i dont think the design of the example you showed would complement the car well. Looks really like an aftermarket bodge job.

Amazon product

I'll be panel mounting the USB plugs... you won't see any of it! I'll likely tap into the existing power for the 12V socket there though rather than run wires all the way back down the centre console.

Reactions: azibux1 and Ormesome