Removing the alarm switch driver door pillar -how ?

AGB-S3

Reaction score
Removing the alarm switch driver door pillar

Before we start hacking away with various things ,

Is there a suggested way to remove the switch ?

any sort of 'tool needed , or just pries it out ,
blunt knife , screwdriver etc ?

Pull the trim and pop it out from behind

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

By trim, you mean the trim on the door pillar ..or the rectangular boarder round the switch ?

I think I used 2 credit cards to prize out the surround of the switch without marking the pillar trim. From memory there are 2 spring loaded clips to press in. Can remember if they are left and right or top and bottom.

The switch's wire is quite short so don't let it fall back inside the pillar.

Hope this helps.

Tnx for that , new one in, now just have to work out , what the orientation is

red light on = ? alarm on or OFF ?

that switch doesnt disable the alarm, only the interior movement sensors as far as i know.

Yes , but whats not clear , yet, is, what the red light indicates ?

light = ON = alarm sensor OFF ? ..ie warning lamp

or ON=ON ? or indicating lamp

When u push the switch it will turn red and ur red light on the door will stay would red then you just lock it as normal. When you unlock the car after that it resets the interior sensors back on.
I'll take a picture of what it says in the manual when I get home and stick it up here incase I've not explained it properly.

Hope this helps mate.
20190808 183043

Tnx for that , its been broken since i picked the car up .
so its a one shot , not a permanent on/off

thats if the sensor alarm actually works , ive read the test is , leave windows down, lock , wait till armed , then wave hand through window , alarm should sound .....

i can start the engine with the alarm sounding , now is that right ?

I know if I leave my windows down a wee bit the alarm will go of but I've never tried to start the car with the alarm going. I would think you should be able to still start the car even though the alarm is going off.