removing windscreen trims on A3 - plus rear window trims.

pablo

Reaction score
Looking to grab a couple of trims that run up the side of the windscreen from a breaker. Any idea how easy they are to remove without ruining them? Mine look a bit wrecked which is probably from removing them at some point.

Also can you buy the rear window trims sep or they come as part of the window just? Do the windows pop out easy enough?

cheers.

Looking to grab a couple of trims that run up the side of the windscreen from a breaker. Any idea how easy they are to remove without ruining them? Mine look a bit wrecked which is probably from removing them at some point.

Also can you buy the rear window trims sep or they come as part of the window just? Do the windows pop out easy enough?

cheers.
im a windscreen fitter 4 autoglass,what year is the car?

trims on the windscreen r pushed in2 a track by the side of the screen.we use a pigsfoot tool to lift them up.for the rear they are glued in like the front and need professional tools to get it out in one piece.trims r attached to the glass

06 mate. so for the front I could remove ones from a breaker, and for the back I need complete windows?

cheers :)

yeah they will cost u pennies for front trims.when takin out old trims use somethin plastic to get underneath and pop them out of the runner.last thing u.wanna do is crack ur screen.without postin a pic of ur rear window its hard to give 100% answer but probs not lookin good,rear screen isnt laminated so becareful

this one (pic pinched off here)

BACK_2.jpg

whats wrong with the trims on rear?btw they r attached to the glass.new window and it be ur insurance excess

trims are scabby just and let the car down a bit. car was painted and they painted to the edge of the trims so I might get the windows out, resprayed, and better trims put in from a scrapper car.

only thing is the rubber trim is stuck under the window and when u remove yours it will cut the trim.good luck but maybe go into local autoglass and they will probs tell u to leave it

this on the front or rear?

if rear Id replace the whole window for one with good trims

If they painted the trims, just clean them up, allot cheaper & easier.