RenaultSport Clio 200 Cup - Main dealer damage

Jimmeh

Reaction score
RenaultSport Clio 200 Cup - Main Dealer Damage (Major Paint Correction Detail)

The 6th of December was set for the delivery of Mr Harpham's brand new RenaultSport Clio. Unfortunately, due to the bad weather, the vehicle didn't make it in to the dealership and had to be postponed until the following week. The following week, however, the sales chap involved wasn't at work. Said salesman had been instructed specifically not to wash/prep or polish this car during the PDI stages before collection. Mr Harpham's plan was to bring the car straight to me for its first wash and exterior protection. With the absence of the salesman at the time, sure enough, the car was pushed through the dealer wash and prep... Resulting in the following:

DSC_1099.jpg

DSC_1120.jpg

DSC_1121.jpg

DSC_1124.jpg

The above photographs were captured on the 20th December; the date set for the Clio's new car prep by myself. In the time between collecting the car on the 14th, and, dropping the car off with myself on the 20th, the new owner had spotted a few 'light swirls' and marks. "I'm not too happy..."

Once the car had been washed and wiped down, it was clear more than our planned "protection detail" would be needed!

DSC_1147.jpg

DSC_1131.jpg

Upon further investigation, it was noted that the O/S door had been resprayed. (this on a 'brand new' car that is less than a week old to the customer!)

DSC_1101.jpg

DSC_1104.jpg

DSC_1105.jpg

And some nasty overspray/masking marks just behind the door from the repair work. (they must have missed this on the PDI then, eh?)

DSC_1102.jpg

More damage (photographed on the 20th December):

DSC_1146.jpg

DSC_1150.jpg

DSC_1151.jpg

DSC_1153.jpg

DSC_1156.jpg

After speaking to Mr Harpham about his options, I offered to correct the O/S door to show him how it should have been presented and suggested that he takes my 50/50s, the before & after and 'damage' photos to put infront of Renault themselves direct.

A few emails, various phonecalls and contacts were exchanged and Renault are happy to work alongside WhiteDetails and rectify the issues with Mr Harpham's new purchase. Excellent service!

Thursday 3rd February - detail day!

Inspection..

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

Considering the vehicle had covered very little milage in the time between visits, I was shocked at how much tar had found its way onto the paintwork!

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Once inside, dried and taped, it was time to crack on.

Some more of the defects:

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

3M polish and pads used for the correction.

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

Bonnet before/after:

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

Working down the O/S. Before/Afters:

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

Deeper marks on the rear O/S quarter:

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

Up on the roof:

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Boot lid which suffered quite badly. Before/After:

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

Black bumper insert on the front-end after the first pass (additional passes were made to try and chase perfection)

DSC_0130.jpg

N/S door before & after:

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

After correction was complete, an IPA wipedown was given to remove oils from the polishing stage (ensures a squeaky clean surface before wax/sealant application)

Blackfire's All Finish Paint Protection was used to seal the paint and protect.

Glass polished inside and out with 3M's Glass Cleaner.

Alloys sealed with JetSEAL109 and tyres dressed.

Finished.

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg
DSC_0143.jpg

Correction levels: (how the car should have been delivered in the first place)

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg
DSC_0139.jpg

Waiting for collection:

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg
DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

A very cool, nifty little car! (Stunning colour too in my opinion!)

A big thanks to Mr Harpham, Renault UK and the main dealer involved.

Thanks for reading.

Jim

car looks great jimmeh. Nice to see renault were compliant in the detailing proceedings.

top spec clio and it has unpainted mirrors and rub strips, omg

What did the dealer PDI clean it with a brillo pad ! ?? Looks amazing after your work BTW.

Jim,

Where abouts are you located in east midlands, I've fancied having a proper detail on my car for a long time now, how long would you probably need the car ? and cost roughly...

Cheers

That was worthy of rejection - suspect the co-operation of the dealer may have been the factor which prevented that?

Neat job though and a nice car. Also good to see how Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection works on a slightly less common colour like that: looks really great.

That was worthy of rejection - suspect the co-operation of the dealer may have been the factor which prevented that?

Neat job though and a nice car. Also good to see how Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection works on a slightly less common colour like that: looks really great.

I've mentioned the exact same thing to both Jim and the owner on Cliosport, Paul. So I'm glad someone else agrees! Could not believe the state of the car.

But on a happier note, cracking work as always my friend - I know how happy Mr H is with his shiny new toy!!

Wow Jim, brilliant! The state of it on delivery was awful, i'd have cried at that! But you have done a fantastic job once again.

awesome job jim , we have a red clio sport in work at the mo and i have to be fair i love them wheels would look awesome in 19" and on my car