Replace Backbox for straight pipe + tips - for 2.0 TDi (140)

marwayg

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this may be a re-occuring thread, but Does anybody have any videos or audios of what their exhausts sound like after a back box removal and replaced with a straight pipe?

Does it increase turbo noise? Any increase of turbo spool? and turbo dump noise (without a dump valve)

Any effect on economy? MPG?

im considering having it done for christmas!! :) + having 2.5" rolled tips put on :)

Thanks!

Yeah ive read that forum before and watched the video ... but i need more examples... one video just doesnt do it for me lol :(
Need more information on turbo noise, whilstle, spool etc... :)

Haha lol just do it mate, it's a like £90 mod. Don't get your hopes too high. I did it mainly to get rid of the down facing pipes

I'm not sure how it will sound on a diesel,but on an S3,it's bordering on anti-social......you do get better spool,but not a lower rpm at which it occurs,but the difference is certainly noticeable on my car.
The turbo itself won't sound any different,but be very sure you want to put up with extra noise,and possibly exhaust drone as well.

I'm not sure how it will sound on a diesel,but on an S3,it's bordering on anti-social......you do get better spool,but not a lower rpm at which it occurs,but the difference is certainly noticeable on my car.
The turbo itself won't sound any different,but be very sure you want to put up with extra noise,and possibly exhaust drone as well.

Must sound sweet, if I had that my neighbours would kill me, so noise sensitive with their kids. I would have to drive half way home and push the car into my drive way.

Here is another example if you haven't seen it already, sounds very similar:

Last edited by a moderator:
Must sound sweet, if I had that my neighbours would kill me, so noise sensitive with their kids. I would have to drive half way home and push the car into my drive way.Here is another example if you haven't seen it already, sounds very similar:
Thanks!......sweet is proably not what anyone within earshot thinks,especially when it lets a nice bang loose......I know a few of AMD's customers running even smaller centre boxes than mine.

Haha lol just do it mate, it's a like £90 mod. Don't get your hopes too high. I did it mainly to get rid of the down facing pipes

£90?! :O now where can i get it done for that much?
Im getting quoted £150 by my matey :\

this one sounds better, without deleting back box

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight through pipe on a 140bhp 4 pot diesel - nooooice one bruv.