Replace instrument cluster

Hal Adams

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the main instrument cluster in an 8V?

Is it difficucult and or fiddly? Are there any gotchas along the way?

I quite fancy fitting ACC which I am told is quite straightforward if you have the right gateway and instrument cluster. My gateway is fine, but the instrument cluster will not show the adaptive detail and needs replacing. They are not that expensive, but if there are going to be problems, I will give it a miss.

Has anyone replaced the main instrument cluster in an 8V?

Is it difficucult and or fiddly? Are there any gotchas along the way?

I quite fancy fitting ACC which I am told is quite straightforward if you have the right gateway and instrument cluster. My gateway is fine, but the instrument cluster will not show the adaptive detail and needs replacing. They are not that expensive, but if there are going to be problems, I will give it a miss.

Etka only lists 2 instrument clusters.....one for UK cars (mph) and the other one for KPH

It doesn't list a special one for ACC equipped cars.

Hal i think the existing cluster would need parameterisation so it could work with the ACC.

Interesting! Thanks!

I should get myself into etka I guess.

I assumed my cluster might be alright as it shows colour which is needed in ACC to show the radar distance.

This is Kufatec telling me all this. I can only assume, or did assume, that they are au fait with this stuff as it is they who market and sell the ACC kit. But if you say there is only one cluster listed, then I wonder what they have in mind to supply me?(!)

The p/n of the controller under section 17 in VCDS, (that I assume is the instrument cluster) is 8V0 920 871L, Component KOMBI H026423. Is this the kph one listed in ekta?

Now, in fear of sounding completely out of it:blink:, what is parameterisation, and how is this achieved?

Changing the cluster is not needed for your ACC project (apologies I will reply to your PM as soon as I can). Changing a cluster will involve IMMO / Key recoding, Software coding and component protection. Your milage will be lost also as it cannot be adapted and your new / used cluster will start counting from the number it comes supplied with.

I have your PM, so will continue the conversation on that!