Help Please Replaced Rear Door lock still won't open

flipmyflipper

Reaction score
My B8 Avant is having an issue with the offside rear door lock. It won't open from the outside handle so have replaced the lock mechanism but still no joy. Could it just be the handle that is faulty?

If you're happy that the mechanical cables were all connected properly and not broken when you replaced the lock mechanism (it would have been obvious and unusual to break) the other electrical area that can commonly cause problems (Audis and other cars generally) is the wiring going through the door at the inside edge. Basically, the continual opening and closing of doors, over a period of time, can cause a copper wire (s) to fracture. You need to pull back the protective rubber sleeve and examine. If broken it's best to solder and cover with shrink wrap.

If you're happy that the mechanical cables were all connected properly and not broken when you replaced the lock mechanism (it would have been obvious and unusual to break) the other electrical area that can commonly cause problems (Audis and other cars generally) is the wiring going through the door at the inside edge. Basically, the continual opening and closing of doors, over a period of time, can cause a copper wire (s) to fracture. You need to pull back the protective rubber sleeve and examine. If broken it's best to solder and cover with shrink wrap.
Thank you for taking the time to reply, I will investigate!

I replaced the ns rear lock on mine last week. As mine was failing to open from the outside.

If you operate the remote with your ear to the lock can you hear it operating ? As in lock motoring?

If you have vcds you can see the locks operating in the comfort module I think.

If you can hear lock operating I would re check cable going from outside handle to door lock. It may of poped out during fitting.

Did you get a gen item and I have heard bad things about the cheap ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk