Replacement headlight bulbs. Mine are yellow

SRRAE

Reaction score
My headlights look very yellow and I think they need replacing.

Are there any suggestions? I previously found a post about replacement headlight bulbs with some recommendations but I can't find it again.

Stuart.

My headlights look very yellow and I think they need replacing.

Are there any suggestions? I previously found a post about replacement headlight bulbs with some recommendations but I can't find it again.

Stuart.
I pmd you as not sure if I can post eBay links. I put them on my car couple months ago much nicer than the yellow. And osrams too!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They are the halogens? H7. You can just get the osram nightbreaker or Philips Extreme vision for 20quid a pair.

I presumed they are halogen based on colour and lack of light on the bulb. I didn't know they are HID.

They should be h7. You got a massive choice in bulbs for everyone's budget but generally if you buy cheap you buy twice. I personally wouldn't put cheap unbranded bulbs in the front of my car they can do damage but it's up to you what you pick.

Soon as you change the dipped bulbs you'll find the DRLs dont match :(

I found Philip extreme vision to not be great.
I found osram night breakers blow in no time.

Hmmmm

Trouble is all the top performance bulbs are 3700K yellow .

If you want a Kelvin fix , Retroman
has the answer .

I don't think you need worry that Ultra bulbs are like some cheap, unbranded Chinese ones. I read about these Ultra bulbs a few years back in a car magazine where it was reported they were as "xenon arctic white" as you can get whilst still being UK legal. Euro Car Parts stock them nowadays. They do not look like silly, blue Christmas tree lights :glee:. I've had them in my car (main dipped beam) for over two years and they've been fine. I would add that they do not seem to light up the road any better than normal, standard bulbs but they are a decent match to my cree LED DRL/sidelight bulbs. I've kept normal bulbs in my main beam and fog lights which do look slightly more yellow. I expect there are aftermarket whole light unit solutions but I wanted to keep my solution inexpensive and simple.

As above , got them in two cars , they're E13 marked ( Luxembourg ) and are actually Michiba bulbs .

Standard .
20161213_175036_zpsomj3amgo.jpg

Ring Xenon 130 ( Auto Express 2nd place )
20170325_194451_zpsfcc8bqn2.jpg

Ultra 5000K
20170315_193237_zpsv1mccwtq.jpg.1317faba1a20ab3302c8066c4faf044e.jpg