Replacement Pedal Rubbers to Chrome caps

airbus319

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I bought some replacement pedal caps for the 8V 2.0 TDI S-Line and fitted the Brake and Clutch no problem but I'm struggling with the accelerator pedal as it appears to be a fixed unit. Has anyone done this and could provide some info please?

Picture attached of the old rubber pedal cap and new cap

thanks

David.

Attachments

• 2016-04-17 15.16.51.jpg
    2016-04-17 15.16.51.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 196
1. Put a small bit of washing up liquid down the left side of the old rubber pedal(the old rubber stays on the pedal by the way)
2. Place the new chrome replacement pedal on the right side 1st in the groove, then push the left side in

It should slip over the left side and snap into the left groove(because of the washing up liquid)

Done

Oh and using hot water DOES NOT WORK

Last edited:
Reactions: airbus319
Boil a kettle of water and leave the pedal in there for 5 mins. Put some washing up liquid on the inner side. Its still a pain to put on but makes things a lot easier! Good luck

I put mine in hot water for a few minutes, then lipped the right hand side of the pedal over first and the left hand side slipped over really easy! Hot water does work. Took me about a minute for both once they were warmed up.

Yep, boiling hot water did it for me too. Leave it to soak for a couple of minutes and it should slide straight on!

And don't worry, it won't effect the finish of your pedals in any way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny that you guys say that hot water worked, when it did nothing to the hard rubber on my pedals! hmmmm ?

The hot water didnt soften the rubber on mine either, I ended up hooking the one side on and then using a small flat head screwdriver I levered the other side on. I just but it in at the bottom edge and slid the screwdriver upward which eased the whole thing on.