Replacement Shocks

ho55man

Reaction score
Hi,

Just has my 2014 TDi Quattro (245 Black Edition) serviced by my local Audi dealer and they have said that I have slight oil leaks from some of my shocks. Nothing that needs doing now but want to start looking into options. I can imagine that the bill from Audi will look like a third world debt, so want to find out what the alternatives are.

Had a bit of a trawl on the net but don't recognise a lot of the makes coming up so wouldn't know it they would be good, bad or indifferent.

I will be changing all four at the same time and assume it would be sensible to swap out the springs while I'm at it.

Can anyone recommend an replacement/improvement?

I'm not after a full sports setup just something that might improve the basic set up without spending a squillion quid.

All donations would be gratefully received!!!

I would be looking at bilstein https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/ shocks and if a couple of shock are going then the other will not be far behind, so replacing the lot would be a good idea. Rear shock are easy to replace, fronts are more difficult. I would personally leave the springs unless you want it a little lower then something like eibach pro kit which will give you a very good ride quality.

That's exactly the type of info I am after.
Bilstein are a brand I know of and will have a look.

Anyone tried Bilsteins on an A7?

Having had a quick look, springs look to be pretty inexpensive and should cost pennies to fit while the shocks are being done.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Eibach Pro kit springs .

Koni Special - Active dampers .

I've fitted an eibach pro kit to my previous A6 and A4 and they come with Bilstein shocks, and provide an excellent setup which it tested by eibach. The car usually sits a little lower with the pro kit over sline but not much, and you will notice a big difference in ride quality over your current setup.