Replacement Steering Wheel - Help Needed!

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
I've got myself a nice new flat bottom wheel, changing from the existing s line steering wheel...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433007688116526

Getting off no problem but have found the connectors are different for the airbag

Left is old air bag, right (round) is new

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433007702158459

Top is old plug (yellow/green)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433007732205463

Can any one recommend next steps... Or am I screwed?!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433007770.873331.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433007770.873331.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 149
Remove the pins from the connector and insert into the other connector. You need to poke a tool into the hole next to the pin to release it.

Remove the pins from the connector and insert into the other connector. You need to poke a tool into the hole next to the pin to release it.

Do you know what tool you need for Audi connectors ?

Worries me messing with wiring on airbags... Has anyone done this?

The old one has coloured wires and a separate smaller loom with a black plug... The new one all the wires are black and the extra plug comes from the yellow one...

I have done this mod on my car, what you do is use the loom from the A4 airbag and not the TT loom ,when you change them over you will notice the TT loom has different spade connectors which are the earth for the horn and there are 2 on the TT loom and only one on the A4 loom.
I cut the spades off the TT loom joined them together and and soldered them to the to A4 loom .
Hope that makes sense ,it is really easy any probs you can pm me mate.

Reactions: ruairi83