Replacement wing mirror

steve72

Reaction score
Hi, I need to get a complete new driver side wing mirror for my S3 following someone giving it a big bump!
The mounting post is fine but it needs a complete wing mirror unit incl glass. It's a powered folding mirror, auto dimming and has the side assist function.
My local Audi dealer has quoted £750, am I likely to get it done much cheaper by shopping around? Any suggestions - I'm in the Surrey/ Sussex area and new to Audi.
many thanks
Steve

Jeees, always knew it was expensive just not that expensive for one mirror. Guess with all the tech in the mirror you would be lucky to find one at breakers even standard. Doubtful anyone would make a 3rd party one to be honest.

Worth getting hold of the part number and seeing how much the part is, see how much of that quote is labour

Looking at the parts catalogue, the costs of the parts comes to around £685. This includes £78 for the basic unit with electric adjustment and wiring connections, £316 for the mirror glass and £264 for the aluminium cover and £27 for the turn signal indicator. Add to the the cost of fitting, including the removal of the door card and £750 starts to sound more reasonable. These prices do include VAT.

Make sure the £750 their are quoting includes VAT as they often quote prices without VAT. This could add another £150.

Sounds about right, mine was around £470 and that was just the housing and glass!

From memory it's almost all parts costs - the labour isn't all that much.

The only way you'll save any real money is finding a second-hand one from a scrappy or something but you'll need a miracle to find all the right bits for that spec - you might find a matching housing but that's not going to save you much.